The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Actually, I am ASME External Pressure Vesel Certified, which is something a littlle AC technician can only dream about.

Note: External Pressure is the correct terminology.
Who cares? You should go spew your nonsense over on the External Pressure Vessel forum. We are discussing automotive air conditioning here.

Note: Belittling others does absolutely nothing to support your position.

Of course the vacuum achieved by that little AC vacuum pump is not even close to total vacuum, the aluminum lines would quickly colapse if that little AC vacuum pump were more powerful.
Um, no. My pump pulls 29-something inches. The difference between that and 29.92 inches is minor. If the aluminum lines don't collapse at 29-something they probably won't collapse at 29.92. It's a concept known as pressure differential. Once again it's that basic physics thing that you have a shallow grasp on that is failing you.

That's exactly my point!

I've never said you should charge a system with a big leak.
If you did not pull a vacuum then you have no idea whether or not you have a large leak.

Or a small leak.

If you are indeed MACS certified, you can not use this technique. You should know it, but you are not allowed to use it.
You have been asked several times by myself and LPete to divulge your secret superior technique. I will kindly ask you again to fill us in.

I promise I will never use it.

Never.

Ever.

I promise.

You are not reading my post, I've said

The main reason to keep vacuum in the system for more than a few minutes is to check for leaks. You don't need to keep a vacuum too long to evacuate the system.
This is still not true no matter how many times you repeat it. The main reason to pull a vacuum is to remove moisture and contaminants. It takes more than a few minutes to under vacuum to accomplish that. The Chrysler factory service manual I have says:

"The vacuum pump should run a minimum of 45 minutes prior to charge to eliminate all moisture in system."

Do you have some documentation that says otherwise?

You can not check for leaks while the pump is running, so checking for leaks is not a secondary benefit.
Sure you can. Just close the valves on your gauge set. I can leave my pump running with the valves closed. The pump is no longer connected to the system at that point.

You don't have a glass of water to boil inside the system, just traces of water which doesn't takes long to "boil".

Once you reached the vacuum of 29.92 HG, you only need one minute to evaporate any amount of water in the system.

Again, water vapour obtained after you reach the maximum vacuum achieved by your little vacuum pump will not be removed from the system, it will transform back to water once the vacuum is broke.

In case you don't understand this little fact, once your vacuum pump reach it's maximum, gases will stop flowing out of the system, it will be worthless to keep the pump running trying to keep removing humidity.
OK, you are just making stuff up here and are starting to babble incoherently. You really need to provide some documentation to back up your ridiculous claims.

I have seen you make posts in other threads stating that the "manufacturer knows best" or similar words. All of the things that you are claiming go against what any auto manufacturer or auto A/C system maker would recommend. What you are saying is simply not true. Please cite just one manufacturer that does not specify vacuuming the system prior to charging the system.

·
Registered
99 Posts
There is not a single one.
So basically you advise people to either listen to the manufacturer or to ignore the manufacturer depending upon how it supports your personal narrative of things.

Got it.

It is against the law to do it the other way.
I suppose you are not gonna reveal your marvelous technique to the rest of us even though you have constantly bragged about it. I can only conclude that there is no such technique and you are simply making it up just like all the other nonsense that you spew.

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
15,066 Posts
I suppose you are not gonna reveal your marvelous technique to the rest of us even though you have constantly bragged about it. I can only conclude that there is no such technique and you are simply making it up just like all the other nonsense that you spew.
You are an expert, you should know it.

It might be illegal in some states.

In Texas is only really illegal if done by a licensed AC technician.

In Texas, TDLR only prosecutes licensed Technicians unless you are not licensed when you should.

TDLR doesn't really cares about DIY guys.

No, I'm not going to post something that is illegal, it is against the rules of this site.

Many people knows it, but will not post it either.

I know Sienile holds different ASE certifications, don't know if he also holds one for AC Refrigerant Recovery, but I'm sure he would not jeopardize his certifications by posting something that really works but has been banned from using it.

·
Registered
2005 Town & Country 251k miles
81 Posts
I found the "secret" technique online after some Googling. After reading the description, it makes total sense. In my opinion, Levy's statements are plausible.

·
Registered
794 Posts
If the mere mention/discussion here of something that might be illegal were grounds for concern, then we've got a lot of folks here who are in serious trouble for federal/state emission controls regulation violations talk.

And, if thoughts were prosecutable then I'd long since have been locked up...

That said, I don't think it's hard to figure out what LEVY is referring to in general; however, there is something to be said for today's "cancel culture" over-reactions and rash moral judgements made against people by today's "thought police."

Personally, I would think it's only a concern if such activity is being encouraged; however, to each his own...

21 - 28 of 28 Posts