The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have only owned my van for a week, so far I LOVE IT! I have heard horror stories about the brakes on the 2008 Chrysler Vans. Is there anything I can do to stop it? I try to brake lightly, but is there stronger brakes I can buy? I love the van and hope that it holds up. Thanks

Attachments

·
5000 Club
5,753 Posts
Probably safe to say the overwhelming majority of 08 owners have no problems with their brakes. Probably also safe to say more than the usual number of people do. Why does one have a problem and not another? Whoever has that indisputable answer is a genius. Some say it's cheap parts. Some say it's too small a brake for the weight. Either answer conflicts with the first sentence. Give it some time. If you start having consistent problems consider using advanced aftermarket parts.

·
Registered
744 Posts
im sure putting "08 dodge brakes" in the search box will give you a host of replies...that year seems like it has its share of problems discussed in this forum...good luck

·
Registered
67 Posts
It's safe to say brakes are the biggest problem (wheel bearings and A/C are a close 2nd and 3rd but those are dealt with by recall):

http://www.carcomplaints.com/Dodge/Grand_Caravan/2008/

There are lots of aftermarket choices, probably all of them better than what you'll get at the dealership. I've got 125k on my 2008, I can't even count the number of pads and rotors I've been through...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The A/C and the Wheel Bearings were already fixed. I have owned a week and a half, I have already put 1500 Miles on it. I drove it 400 miles today on a trip and it did excellent. The 3.8 has plenty of power and got a very decent 24 mpg. So far I love the van.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
The A/C and the Wheel Bearings were already fixed. I have owned a week and a half, I have already put 1500 Miles on it. I drove it 400 miles today on a trip and it did excellent. The 3.8 has plenty of power and got a very decent 24 mpg. So far I love the van.
How many miles when it was purchased?

·
Registered
148 Posts
I've got 56k miles on my 2008. Still got the original brake pads. Probably will need to be done sometime soon, but I'm happy. Driving style accounts for a lot of differences.

·
Registered
744 Posts
wow-56k and original brakes? definitely above the norm...but if they are so close to worn would have had the dealer replace before purchasing....surprised they passed inspection..(assuming you are talking about the fronts?)

·
Registered
67 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
4,000 miles so far, but what's the total mileage on your 2008?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts