The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just got all the upgrades finally installed in the new van.
-General Altimax RT43 tires
-Dayton CargoMaxxHD coil springs
-Timbren bump stop Load-levelers
-Grabriel Ultra truck shocks
-PowerStop carbon fiber/ceramic pads and drilled/slotted rotors all around.

Before and after!

·
3rd gen > all others
3,471 Posts
Can definitely see the rear ride height is higher. Ready to be loaded down in vacation mode and on the road!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Right! Already have a road trip planned for next month. Probably going to raid the coffee can and buy a set of fresh struts for the front and see if I can balance out the rake a little bit. Im sure what is in there is original. It has 227k miles, its time.

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
14,307 Posts
Great if you really like the looks.

I often overload my vehicles, will never raise the van, I don't really like how it looks if raised.

In all those years, I've never seen a reason to lift it.

This generator weights ~2000 lbs. Van is also loaded.

This is an everyday thing for me.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I understand. Excellent feedback. I totally agree. I did somewhat prefer the lower street look. Good to know if I were using it for towing I would not have the need to upgrade.
The early gen 5s have an undersized rotor to explain the brake upgrade.
We load 1750lbs inside the cargo area once a week and it makes my wife happy. You know what they say. Happy wife happy life.
The angle is a bit exaggerated for my liking. So last night I ordered a new set of Gabriel Ultra struts. Reviews seem to indicate they will give a bit more height in the front. Hopefully this balances the rake.
Thanks for the input. Glad to be a part of this community.
Also I had to sell my 3 Jeep Wranglers to get the family into a house. So understandably I am living a little bit vicariously with my little Caravan. Wish I could just find a soft top for it...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great if you really like the looks.

I often overload my vehicles, will never raise the van, I don't really like how it looks if raised.

In all those years, I've never seen a reason to lift it.

This generator weights ~2000 lbs. Van is also loaded.

This is an everyday thing for me.

View attachment 62400
Do you know if yours has the nivomat shocks or standard?

·
Vendor
1,576 Posts
I understand. Excellent feedback. I totally agree. I did somewhat prefer the lower street look. Good to know if I were using it for towing I would not have the need to upgrade.
The early gen 5s have an undersized rotor to explain the brake upgrade.
We load 1750lbs inside the cargo area once a week and it makes my wife happy. You know what they say. Happy wife happy life.
The angle is a bit exaggerated for my liking. So last night I ordered a new set of Gabriel Ultra struts. Reviews seem to indicate they will give a bit more height in the front. Hopefully this balances the rake.
Thanks for the input. Glad to be a part of this community.
Also I had to sell my 3 Jeep Wranglers to get the family into a house. So understandably I am living a little bit vicariously with my little Caravan. Wish I could just find a soft top for it...
Out of respect for your dedication to your family, I’d happily let you take mine for a drive….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Read Only
46 Posts
Very disappointed with the powerstops we put in in the rear. Rotor wore down the pads very fast, much faster than cheapo pads. Calipers were new when installed and verified they were working properly when we just changed the pads/rotors. No more powerstops for me.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Finally put the new Gabriel Ultra struts in the front. Definitely balanced out the stance. It rides very confident. Here is an updated image. Next step is a sliding rag top. Probably wont be able to do that untill next season. The service engine light just started coming on, code indicates I need a new catalytic convertor. That expense is probably going to empty out the coffee can...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Out of respect for your dedication to your family, I’d happily let you take mine for a drive….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Very nice!
My oldest daughter was old enough to have memories of riding in my '89 mud swamper and helping me replace the drive shaft. But my youngest was a baby when I sold them. They would love a family ride with the windows off like that. I had a '92 with a soft top and air conditioner. Pretty fabulous memories. Ice cold air on the legs and feet, fresh breeze and sun up top. I never should have sold them, but the way the housing market took off we made the correct decision. Do whatever you can to always keep it. It looks very nice and clean.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Very disappointed with the powerstops we put in in the rear. Rotor wore down the pads very fast, much faster than cheapo pads. Calipers were new when installed and verified they were working properly when we just changed the pads/rotors. No more powerstops for me.
We did a full set of tow/haul carbon fiber/ceramic pads with drilled/slotted rotors in the front, but only the street performance grade was available for the rear. I wrote the milage down. I will keep track of pad life and wear. I drive a minimum of 80 miles a day, 75% city driving. I will report back when we have worn them out.
Thank you for the input.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts