The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just Purchased 2011 T&C...little warranty left, what should I check or have replaced?

I just purchased a used 2011 with about 34,000 miles. So far so good, but I know it was a rental before and I want to get it checked out before it hits the 36,000 miles and the warranty expires. I have read about break issues, reversing uphill chugs, gearing from 2-3 gear...what other things should i have checked out or need to know about this new van?

Thanks for any and all input to a new minivanner!!!

·
5000 Club
5,758 Posts
I would get your manual out, go through every system and make sure it all works as advertised. I did that with my 96 close to the end of the warranty and found the liftgate light was not turning on. Hadn't noticed it before.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Make sure and get ALL of the availlable software updates for the modules. Being a rental, none of them probably ever got done.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would get your manual out, go through every system and make sure it all works as advertised. I did that with my 96 close to the end of the warranty and found the liftgate light was not turning on. Hadn't noticed it before.
Thank you...that is a great idea.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
GREAT! That is what I need to know...would that be free to do under warranty or is it free to do without a warranty also? Does an actual Chrysler Dealer need to do that?

·
Registered
144 Posts
All of the updates are covered until the 3/36. The PCM flash would be 8/80. There are Chrysler labor operations associated with all of them, so they shouldn't have any issue doing it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I called the Chrysler Dealership and asked about bringing it in for the updates. They went on to ask if I was having any problems...of which I replied no...other than the chugging when reversing slowly uphill, and he told me that unless I was having any problems (he claimed the chugging is normal - something about the way the transmission/engine is set up and unless you hit a certain RPM, it will chug a little) that it appears I am updated and that it would be a waste of time to bring it in??? Any thoughts?

·
Registered
516 Posts
Call another dealership and tell them the following:

"When going from reverse to drive it occasionally slams into gear" - that will get you the transmission updates.
"The gas mileage randomly resets to 18.7 mpg" - that will get you the update for the EVIC software.
"Sometimes when I turn the key to start it there's nothing, not even a click... but when I take the key out and try again it starts right up." - That will get you another update and they will check to be sure the keys are working/programmed correctly.

All 3 things occured with my '11 Crew and since the updates it's been good.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I called the Chrysler Dealership and asked about bringing it in for the updates. They went on to ask if I was having any problems...of which I replied no...other than the chugging when reversing slowly uphill, and he told me that unless I was having any problems (he claimed the chugging is normal - something about the way the transmission/engine is set up and unless you hit a certain RPM, it will chug a little) that it appears I am updated and that it would be a waste of time to bring it in??? Any thoughts?
He has no friggin idea if you're updated or not from talking on the phone. What's the last 8 of your VIN # ?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Call another dealership and tell them the following:

"When going from reverse to drive it occasionally slams into gear" - that will get you the transmission updates.
"The gas mileage randomly resets to 18.7 mpg" - that will get you the update for the EVIC software.
"Sometimes when I turn the key to start it there's nothing, not even a click... but when I take the key out and try again it starts right up." - That will get you another update and they will check to be sure the keys are working/programmed correctly.

All 3 things occured with my '11 Crew and since the updates it's been good.
Thanks for the tips...Would there cause any problems if I were to take it in and have the updates even if I am not having those problems? I don't want to reset something if it is working properly??? I am not a technician...obviously...so am just wondering if having the updates done can in any way CAUSE any issues??? Thanks!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
There is an open recall L41 and no warranty service history.
Thank you soooo much...I was not aware of the recall! Do you know what it is for specifically? I will get it in and see if they will also update the software. THANKS AGAIN!!!

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
The recall L41 OXYGEN SENSOR HEATER SENSE CIRCUIT was created on 2/6/2012. As TN Tech said, there are no warranty claims which is good in the sense that the vehicle has not had any problems but it also means that there have not been any updates made to it either.
Enterprise Rental Car disposed of the vehicle on 5/2/2012 and the ownership database has not yet been updated with any new owner.
Go to the Chrysler website under the owner's tab and update yourself as being the new owner so that recall notices are sent to you via postal mail.

Reactions: UN4GTBL

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The recall L41 OXYGEN SENSOR HEATER SENSE CIRCUIT was created on 2/6/2012. As TN Tech said, there are no warranty claims which is good in the sense that the vehicle has not had any problems but it also means that there have not been any updates made to it either.
Enterprise Rental Car disposed of the vehicle on 5/2/2012 and the ownership database has not yet been updated with any new owner.
Go to the Chrysler website under the owner's tab and update yourself as being the new owner so that recall notices are sent to you via postal mail.
Thanks for all the info and for your time in searching the vehicle history!!! So, even though I have had no issues, I should have them update anyway? Is there any chance that the updates could reset something and CAUSE any problems? Sorry, I have never looked into this before. I really appreciate your help!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts