The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Can some one post a link to a "how to" on the key dance method. There must be one here somewhere, but I can't find it.

thanks

phillip

·
youtube.com/sideburns2009
2,926 Posts
Turn the key to the run position, but don't start it. LIke manic said. on off on off on, then count the amount of times the SES light flashes. - __ - - would translate to 12, where - is the flash and __ is the pauses between numbers and _____ is the pauses between codes.
ex: - __- - _____ - - __- - - would be 12 and 23.
Hope that's not too confusing. :ThumbsUp:

·
Registered
595 Posts
Turn the key to the run position, but don't start it. LIke manic said. on off on off on, then count the amount of times the SES light flashes. - __ - - would translate to 12, where - is the flash and __ is the pauses between numbers and _____ is the pauses between codes.
ex: - __- - _____ - - __- - - would be 12 and 23.
Hope that's not too confusing. :ThumbsUp:
On mine and I thought all 4th gen had it, it comes up on the digital odomiter with the codes.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
True. There should be no flashing lights after the key dance on the 4th gens.

·
2,926 Posts
My mistake. It does show the "P" code on the odometer. I've yet to own a 4th gen so I guess I'm stuck in my 2nd/3rd gen world. Any who, I just use my scantool now....crazy story how I got my Mac Tools ET50 for free.

·
2,926 Posts
Cool!

Ok... story please :biggrin:
:biggrin: Well my 'shop teacher' has one and to look up Auto Maker specific codes (such as secondary runner solenoid, etc) that aren't defined on the scantool, you pop in the cd. He misplaced his cd and asked me if I knew where he could get another. I told him I'd see what I could do so I emailed Mactools and explained the situation with the lost cd. They said they would mail me a new one, free of charge. I graciously thanked them and let the teacher know. Well, I got a box in the mail from them which I thought was rediculous for just shipping a cd...opened it up and it was a brand new Mactools ET50 scantool in the package. I let them know of their "mistake" and they said it was no mistake so I got to keep it....free of charge. MSRP at their site was around 60 or 70 dollars. :beerchug: Thank you Mactools! I love it.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Neat! Hmm. I think I "lost" my disk too.. can't seem to find it anywhere. :thumb:

·
2,926 Posts
Neat! Hmm. I think I "lost" my disk too.. can't seem to find it anywhere. :thumb:
:lol::lol: No kidding. I think I lost a few more. Christmas gifts, here I come. :biggrin:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts