The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2010 T&C's key fob has recently shown decreased range. Replacing it's battery didn't help.

What could it be?

Registered
My 2010 T&C's key fob has recently shown decreased range. Replacing it's battery didn't help.

What could it be?
Did you stop holding it under your chin?馃槈

If you're sure the battery was good, all a dealership would want to do is reprogram your fob or diag your transceiver.

I've had friends solder a small piece of wire on fob antennas to increase the distance 馃檭
Circuit component Hardware programmer Passive circuit component Automotive lighting Electronic component

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you stop holding it under your chin?馃槈

If you're sure the battery was good, all a dealership would want to do is reprogram your fob or diag your transceiver.

I've had friends solder a small piece of wire on fob antennas to increase the distance 馃檭
View attachment 63789
Interesting... but mine is the later style that doubles as an inserted key for the ignition switch. Anyone have experience with this mod on that, perchance?

Registered
2009 GCV SE
I assume you don't have remote start? The remote start system has an antenna which increases the range to 100 meters (said in the owners manual). If you don't have remote start, add the antenna for the extra range, you'd need to solder the connector onto the WCM (Wireless Control Module, or the module you plug the key into to start the van).

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I assume you don't have remote start? The remote start system has an antenna which increases the range to 100 meters (said in the owners manual). If you don't have remote start, add the antenna for the extra range, you'd need to solder the connector onto the WCM (Wireless Control Module, or the module you plug the key into to start the van).
Nope... no remote start, and that's surprising for a Chrysler of this vintage. But, that's how base-models go... You'd think I've learned that with my '72 Newport Royale.馃榿

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Something to try:

It's autumn in the Midwest here... not summer in the arctic. BTW: After driving it once since the swap, it's improved. So....

Registered
2011 DGC SE, 2015 DGC SXT
Just mine... but it showed improvement the other day. So....
I recently bought a 2015 DGC with two questionable keys and one key I thought was fully functional. Within a week, it too was questionable. I checked the discs, replaced batteries, etc I was really concerned that I had a WIN issue; at someone's suggestion I replaced all three keys. (thanks to this group I programmed them all myself - they all work flawlessly). Perhaps if it gives you too much grief you consider replacing the key?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts