The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, with my 2015 Dodge Grand Caravan I hear a knock for example if I am at 60 ,60,80km/h and I give it a bit of gas I hear a knock and even when it is going down into the gears. I am very worried about it. Can anyone help me. Is it the engine mounts?

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
3,131 Posts
Could be. Can you post a clip?

Reactions: Chaveeraj

·
Registered
340 Posts
If it's "knocking", I'll assume clunking, when applying throttle, engine mounts would be a good guess.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Did this knock start "all of a sudden" or has it been getting louder over time?
How long have you owned the van? How many Kms on it?
Have you changed the oil lately?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did this knock start "all of a sudden" or has it been getting louder over time?
How long have you owned the van? How many Kms on it?
Have you changed the oil lately?
Yes changed the oil last week. Owned the van 2 years now. 100 000 kms. Na not all of a sudden

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
15,089 Posts
Doubt is motor mounts noise, but everything is possible. Motor mounts don't start making noise like that, it takes months or years after a motor mount first failed.

If that noise is also hear at idle or when first accelerating, then it could be a broken flexplate.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Changed the oil last week - complaining of knocking this week. Is there a clue there ? .....

·
Super Moderator
27,919 Posts
Before we go after the big fish, let's check out the flounders. :)
Under the hood: Anything loose in the caboose, like your engine cover only half installed? Technicians are known for rush jobs during oil changes, etc.. Been there, had that happen. Are the 3 rear tabs for your air box cover in their proper slots? Been there, had that experience too.
Brakes: Light application of brakes make any difference in noise when driving?
Starting out: When stopped, apply brakes and gas at same time. Any noise?
Exhaust system: Is it well secured and anchored, including heat shields?
CV Joints: Any clicking when making turns in parking lot?
Tire wear: Any abnormal tire wear?
Fault codes: Any lights on?

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
3,131 Posts
Seinile! Where have you been? I was looking for you. Hope all is well. I will get a clip
I've been in the top 3 posters for the 5th gen forums for a few years now. I'm not that hard to find. :p

·
Registered
2008 Town and Country 3.8L
145 Posts
Checking the flex plate requires you to go underneath the car. There’s a little access panel on the side of the transmission near the bottom to check the flywheel. There’s videos that will tell you where this panel is.

One thing to keep in mind is that sounds can come from anywhere. You need to do a full inspection, jeepman made a good list that’s a few posts up. Doing this requires knowledge and proper tools. I advise getting it checked out from a professional because sounds are hard to diagnose without someone being there.

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
15,089 Posts
How to check flex plate please
You need to get under the vehicle, remove the plastic cover from the inspection port.

You need to manually and slowly rotate the engine, use a flashlight to check the flexplate for small cracks.

Look at this picture, cracks are usually small, if you see a crack, ten you need to replace the flexplate.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Locking hubs

1 - 19 of 19 Posts