The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well after 95000 miles I learned that even my cheapo 14 AVP has a cabin filter . To say that was dirty is an understatement :oops: . I just assumed the low end one (AVP) didnt get one because it was not listed on the sticker as an option . Well I'll
keep that checked a little better in the future , like maybe every 2 years or so .

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
I change mine with an Ebay cheapo once a year. They definitely get dirtier than the engine air filter, which I inspect, but haven't replaced yet??

·
Registered
478 Posts
mine has a cabin filter that was changed regularly

the blower motor is supposed to be white, when i replaced it the one i pulled out was closer to BLACK

i can't imagine the kind of stuff that gets in there on vans with no filter

·
Super Moderator
21,579 Posts
I believe It took me 15 years to find my cabin filter in my 2002 GC. It was dirty for sure, with pine needles, fuzz, leaves, etc., but no mice. Sometimes mice get it there. On my 2016, there were signs that my cabin filter had been chewed at when I replaced it. They said mice. A dead mouse is possible as well, if it gets caught by the fan. I experienced that on the 2007 GC..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
Jeepman
The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums
ChryslerMinivan.net is the best forum for Chrysler Town and Country owners to discuss mileage, price, problems, towing and more. Join now!
Full Forum Listing