The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Geachte lezer,

Ik heb een Dodge Grand Caravan uit 2005.
Hiervan wil ik de huidige lichtschakelaar vervangen voor een met de optie 'automatisch' deze zit links naast de 0 stand.

Nu is mijn vraag wat er dan verder nog aangepast moet worden om dit automatisch te kunnen laten werken, immers zal er naar mijn mening ergens ook een soort sensor geplaats moeten worden die ziet wanneer het donker is etc.
MAAR werk deze dan ook (bv) voor de ruitenwisser dat die bij regen zelf aangaat en zijn snelheid (na gelang hoe het regent) aanpast.

Wie kan mij hiermee helpen aan de juiste info ?

Alvast mijn dank
Will

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
3,517 Posts
Replace light switch with an automatic one

Dear reader,

I have a 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan.
I want to replace the current light switch with one with the 'automatic' option, which is located to the left of the 0 position.

Now my question is what else needs to be adjusted to allow this to work automatically, after all, in my opinion, a kind of sensor will have to be placed somewhere that sees when it is dark, etc.
BUT work this also (eg) for the windshield wiper that it switches itself on when it rains and adjusts its speed (depending on how it rains).

Who can help me with this information?

Thanks in advance
Will
Hello, Will.
On this forum most of the active users speak English. I translated your reply in the quote above so others can read it. We do have a few German speaking members that are on occasionally, but I am not aware of any Dutch speaking members.

For the automatic lights you will need the light sensor (which is located in the center of the dash next to the speaker grille) and the light switch itself. I'm not sure, but the auto dimming mirror may also be part of the system. The option would then need to be enabled by the dealer or with a program like AlfaOBD.

The automatic wipers is an option we don't have over here. I know there is a rain sensor, but not where it is nor what else is required. @steffen.m probably knows. And he's one of the German members, so perhaps he will be easier for you to understand.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@Sieniel
Thanks for it, i already send a PM to Steffen.

Do you know there are more (nice) extra option possible on my Dodge Grand Caravan model IV 3.8Ltr V6 SXT ?

Like i need a radio with (handsfree) and Nav function etc?!

Will

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
3,517 Posts
For the handsfree you need the microphone kit or auto dimming mirror (it has a microphone in it), the steering wheel controls, the Uconnect module, and one of the radios that support it (any with touch screen will).

For navigation you need the radio and the satellite antenna.

Good thing is, Steffen did write ups on upgrading a lot of factory features. He practically turned a base model into a top trim level. Most of them are in German on LanciaForum.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts