The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2007 T&C Touring 3.8L 230k+ mi
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Liftgate chime went out on my 07 so I got a replacement from a junkyard (leftmost red piece in the photo). I was disappointed to see there is no connector to remove/replace it easily, so I was wondering what the ideal way to wire it back together would be. I don't think I could fit four wire nuts in the handle, and I don't have a garage to solder the wires together.

Ideas or recommendations? Kind of considering just twisting the exposed wire together and wrapping it in electrical tape for all four. Thanks.

Hood Motor vehicle Steering wheel Vehicle door Vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
406 Posts

·
Registered
2009 GCV SE
1,975 Posts
I'm not entire sure where it is located on 4'th gen vans, but if it's inside and not exposed to water I would make a connector for it, since you're already going to be splicing/soldering/crimping or whatever you choose to do.

If you want something more permanent, I've used heat shrink/solder tubes. all you do is slide the tube on the wire, strip about a cm on each end, merge them together and slide the tube over then heat it up. As you heat it, the tube shrinks, and the solder will melt. I've used them in the past, you could probably get it done with a hair drier Heat shrink/Solder Amazon

5'th gen caravans have a connector for the chime, as to make it removable or replaceable. The chime is seem when you open the jack storage bin cover and remove the jack, seen in my photo below. The body side (male) connector is identical to that of the 2 dash speakers, and the chime part is a female.
Electrical wiring Gas Automotive exterior Auto part Machine

1 - 4 of 4 Posts