The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ready to lift the motor out of my 2006, but can't see any convenient locations for bolting the lifting chains to the motor.

Anyone done this and know of good locations for the hoist chain bolts?

The only ones I see that are in a good location are on the cylinder head. Hate to use those for that but may have to.

Normally, I know you DROP these motors, but I have it pretty much stripped bare and it should be fairly easy to lift it out now. I'm also "trying to see if I can leave the transmission IN the compartment and not drop it but I only have have about 3 inches of lateral space to shift the motor toward the passenger side to disengage it from the transmission and I'm not sure that will be enough.

·
Registered
980 Posts
I used the lower intake manifold, but could have used some longer bolts on the exhaust manifold bolt holes.
With hood and wiper tray removed.
Plenty of room to push the engine away from the trans with out tearing up the passenger fender, and then turning hoist so the front of engine
There is plenty of room to leave the exhaust manifolds and cross over pipe installed as well as the water pump with out the pulley, and all pulleys and idler and tensioner removed. when removing and Iinstalling.
Ac compressor and system could be left connected and support the compressor some how, with the ability to guide the engine by it.
Radiator and condenser and trans cooler stay in place also.

Reactions: mistypotato

·
Registered
980 Posts
I pm'd you my contact info if you want to talk about my experience.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts