The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
07 Grand Caravan (3.3L), 12 Ford Fiesta bAsE
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone has the kit or knows someone who has the kit it would be much appreciated thank you for reading my post.

3rd gen > all others
I believe Special Edy bought the very last kit available, after tracking it down. The rear isn't hard to lower, as the only thing done was a new hole drilled in the front leaf spring mounting bracket to position the spring eyelet closer to the frame. The front just requires shorter springs with the same spring rate, or slightly stiffer.

Reactions: TechiePocket1

Registered
07 Grand Caravan (3.3L), 12 Ford Fiesta bAsE
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe Special Edy bought the very last kit available, after tracking it down. The rear isn't hard to lower, as the only thing done was a new hole drilled in the front leaf spring mounting bracket to position the spring eyelet closer to the frame. The front just requires shorter springs with the same spring rate, or slightly stiffer.
Looking at some pics from an older post it appears the arms for the rear mount were shortened as well. Been trying to find some aftermarket arms that are smaller but they would need to be bent like the originals. Unless I could use a spacer to make up the gap? For the fronts I would need to find someone who would make me a custom set of springs so should be easy

Reactions: Road Ripper
1 - 3 of 3 Posts