The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I have a 2000 T&C. It would run fine then sometimes starts to sputter, then die. It would start up again twenty minutes later without me "fixing" anything. The original owner said he thought it needed a new fuel pump and filter, so I replaced them. It made a world of difference, but then it sputtered out and died again, this time never to restart. After a couple hours of drinking beers and tinkering with stuff, I believe I found the problem. A cluster of wires coming from the fuse box are melted together and corroded. My new problem is I don't know what this wiring harness is actually called and I dont want to get the wrong part. I will try to get a picture up soon. Thanks for any help you could give to a newbie.

·
5000 Club
5,680 Posts
Walk into your local dealership. Tell them you need the wire harness that runs under the battery (???) for your 96 Caravan. They will open up the illustrated parts breakdown (IPB) either in hard copy or off their Chrysler website. Nail down which one you need as depicted in the IPB making sure you get the part number. If it's too expensive say thank you and walk out. You at least then have the nomenclature and part number of the harness so you can look elsewhere. At one time I was doing this every 5-6 six times a year for years. Works great.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts