The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

How many miles redux

• Total voters
61 - 80 of 127 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,109 Posts
97' GC Sport 3.3 221,000. Just did valve cover gaskets plugs,wires. 50/50 trans service running atf+4. Engine oil 10w 30 mobile 1 syn. No leaks, no bangs, no clucks. so far.:thumb:
No clunks? That's no fair! I have less than half the mileage and my suspension is shot to all he ll. Although Chicago is known to be pot hole central lol.

·
Registered
43 Posts
99' TC Limited. 287k on original non-rebuilt eng and transmission. Parents bought it new in 98'. Been sitting for 7 months and figured I would drive it for awhile. Dad was relentless on maintenance, that along with it having the fact tow pkg most likely helped keep it going. I would like to see 300k out of the original tranny. Engine runs great but does use about a quart every 3-4k miles. Still gets low 20's mpg which is why I am driving it because my other truck doesn't.

Has some minor rust and paint fade but all in all still looks good for it's age and miles.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Just read my Sig and it will tell you the Km's I have put on my vans, I even have a little 06 Corolla with 565,000km's on it and it's going strong.

·
Registered
7 Posts
99 Plymouth Voyager with 135,600 miles - hoping to put a few more on it before it needs MAJOR work. I'm at least the third owner and I'm not sure it hasn't had anything done previously, but I'm assuming no rebuild of engine or tranny.

·
Registered
20 Posts
1999 Grand Caravan Sport 296,000

Bought it new in 2000. No major repairs until now. Main bearing is shot. Wish I could have gotten another 4000 out of it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Well, I was really hoping to get to push the bottom button on this Poll, and was on target to do it around New Years (currently at 269K). Now I'm considering throwing in the towel, as I've posted in another thread ("Torque converter error code"). So close, yet so far.

·
Registered
100 Posts
183,000 - Vehicle was obtained from an auction at 90,000 miles. Have replaced water pump, fan relay, headlights, and resealed intake, pan, and valve covers. EGR valve replaced, hatch struts, silicone on rear door to prevent rain indoors. Trans rebuild at 180,000.

Currently shopping for clean green hood, hatch, and passenger sliding door.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Ok, I'm gonna feel like a newb posting this:

2002 Grand Caravan Sport - 37,700ish miles.

I bought it two months ago with 33,867 on the clock. It was a trade in at a Cadillac dealership. Found it on Autotrader.

So far I've put new brakes on it, replaced the steering reservoir, and added the elbow to the ac drain.

·
Registered
516 Posts
97 Grand Caravan ES 3.8, bought it in January '07 with 56,789 on it, currently at 88,000. Have put on a new set of tires, front brake pads, and driver's window regulator so far. Have a 30,000 GVW transmission cooler on it and a temp gauge to keep an eye on it. Have pulled a u-haul loaded to just under 2000 lbs a couple of times and it handles it well. Have my own trailer now that is lower and pulls easier. Hoping to get 150k out of it without any major repairs.

Current issue is the rear drums are rusted to the hubs so I don't know the condition of the rear brakes - but it will chirp the tires in the rear when activating ABS, so they must be OK yet - I have all the parts to repair, just have to find the time!

·
Registered
104 Posts
My current van has 167K on it, with original transmission and no major engine repairs. My record was with my old 92 Caravan C/V that I referenced in another thread, I retired it at 223K.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Just went over 300k. still orig eng and trans (no rebuilds). Still gets 23mpg hwy. Taking on a 1000k mile round trip this weekend.

·
Registered
4 Posts
milage

1998 grand caravan, 140k when totaled. 2 transmissions in the first 20k
1999 grand caravan 250k when I donated it to church bought it with 135k on it.
2000 grand caravan 290k got in new, sold to a friend who drove it to 340k before junking it. 2 transmissions in the first 20k another one at 120k.
2005 grand caravan 185k wife still driving it, bought it new.
2000 town and country AWD. 176k, just picked it up had to rebuild the strut towers, driving it for work. hope to put on at least another 100k

·
Registered
11 Posts
1999 dgc, 132k

·
Registered
8 Posts
dad's '97 is right at 245,000, wound up needing the trans rebuilt at 210,000.

his old '94 wound up running around 300,000 before all the oil it was leaking cought on fire. wound up getting the fire out, let her cool off, and still got us home!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I should hit 315k by the end of the week.:thumb: at current rate may see 325k by end of year depending on when snow starts falling and it goes into the garage for the winter. knock.......on.......wood.......

61 - 80 of 127 Posts