The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in the Boston area, which is Japanese Car City. No one around here seems to buy American...ever. Except me, apparently, in my trusty 2012 T&C (full disclosure, was manufactured in Ontario).

My daughter and I have a little game where we count the number of Chrysler minivans versus Toyota and Honda. Around here, the Toyotas are a dime a dozen. Everyone has them. After 30 minutes on the road, I'll have 12 Siennas, 5 Chryslers, and 10 Hondas.

Honestly, I don't see the appeal. I've driven Siennas a couple of times in the past and it's nothing special. All the standard features on a Chrysler or Dodge (electric side doors & liftgate, Stow-n-go) are optional (or in the case of stow-n-go, not available due to patents).

Price, also. Toyota & Honda may have the edge in reliability, but for the money, Chrysler's Dodge Caravan is the best minivan deal on the road.

Anyway, I recently spent a week in Minneapolis and I was blown away by the number of Chryslers on the road. There are a lot of minivans there, and almost all of them are Chryslers. My chest swelled with pride as I jogged along the Mississippi (well, it probably also swelled from blood pressure as I pushed my body beyond its aging limits) as I passed by one T&C or Caravan after another.

Minneapolis is a sleeper town. It's a clean, orderly city with a great university and a proud heritage of Swedish and German settlers who built the area into a major industrial and scientific nexus. And they have good taste in minivans. One can only suppose that when the AWD version of the Chrysler Pacifica minivan is released, they'll be selling like hotcakes in Minnesota.

·
Super Moderator
21,834 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. Here, Dodge Caravans rule. Best selling minivan in Canada for over 34 years. For the price difference to go to a Honda or Sienna, one would expect a lot more but ..... expectations may be a bit too high.
Keep enjoying the van and touting its strengths. :thumb:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts