The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all new here. But not new to t&c. I have a 2008 t&c with the 3.8. I have a misfire problem on cylinder 2. Went thought all I know. I replaced everything but the wires. Lol. I have spark. The fuel injector is not firing. Checked power at the connector and continuity to the pcm. Replaced the cam and crank sensor and put a new pcm in. Still a misfire. Only thing I have not done is check if a got a bad injector. Its new but could be bad. Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
5,297 Posts
If you have power with the key on and continuity on both wires to the PCM and still no injector pulse... the PCM's injector driver has failed. Toss a noid light on that injector's connector and run it a bit. If you see flashing, all is well and it is the injector. No flash means a PCM problem, assuming you were right about continuity.

Reactions: User6573

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
5,297 Posts
It's internal to the PCM. That means you would either need to ship it off to a place that repairs them, or get a new PCM.

Not very likely, but possible that a reman PCM had the same issue. Sounds like it must be the injector then. Guessing you don't have a noid light to test with? Swap locations and clear the code. If the misfire returns on #2, it's in the control circuitry (wires, PCM). If it follows the injector, that's the problem.

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
5,297 Posts
Chrysler has it set so it disables the injector, but only if the engine light is flashing. It resumes once it stops flashing. So it can still wreck a cat if it's not missing hard enough to flash the light.

Reactions: Mtfix20
1 - 9 of 9 Posts