The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Do you think it is necessary to pack or poly the Anchors?
Yes. Anchors right out of the box have as much movement as my worn out OEMs had. All the aftermarket units are junk out of the box, brand doesn't matter.

You options are to buy OEM, or buy aftermarket and fill them if you want something that'll last. If you're looking for an OEM feel, instead of using the 80A Urethane I used, I'd drop to a 60A as it'll be softer. I order my poly for filling from these guys: diymmi | DIY Liquid Urethane Engine and Motor Mount Inserts

My van with 80A filled mounts is only noticeable in gear at idle, like when sitting at stoplights. The more solid mounts allow some slight vibration to make it through. For me the quicker delivery and responsiveness far outweigh that little bit of vibration, plus I know I have a set of mounts that I'll likely never have to replace again.

·
Registered
2008 Town and Country LX 245,000 miles
25 Posts
Did one can fill all 4 mounts?

I order my poly for filling from these guys: diymmi | DIY Liquid Urethane Engine and Motor Mount Inserts

My van with 80A filled mounts is only noticeable in gear at idle, like when sitting at stoplights. The more solid mounts allow some slight vibration to make it through. For me the quicker delivery and responsiveness far outweigh that little bit of vibration, plus I know I have a set of mounts that I'll likely never have to replace again.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanks for the picture. I leaning toward the 60A but, I am also thinking about 80A.

·
Registered
25 Posts
How did you do the top center one? Did you wrap duct tape to form a mold?

Did you do each mount in 2 steps? There is rubber in the center. Thanks!

·
3rd Gen Plebeian
1997 Plymouth Grand Voyager Rallye
1,247 Posts
I need info on this too. I was thinking of adding a torque mount/damper to the engine and radius arms to the lower control arms, but polyurethane might be a better solution. The AWD might help mitigate some of the torque, but Im still expecting some wheel hop and torque steer with the short gears and doubling of HP.

·
Registered
799 Posts
How did you do the top center one? Did you wrap duct tape to form a mold?

Did you do each mount in 2 steps? There is rubber in the center. Thanks!
There is no "rubber in the center", it's just flashing that's easily cut out.
So you wrap one side in duct tape, then set them in a sand filled container to keep the level/act as a barrier for leaks.
This guys shows the basic steps here:

As far as the passenger side mount, I just wrapped it to form a straight mold, then filled it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
One can didn't go that far for me. I could had have used another 1/2 cup or so. My mounts are not that full. Two of them are down about a 1/4 of an inch. I might just let it go since I hate to pay another $50.

View attachment 66709
So long as you get the sealed up perfectly the first time, yes.
One of mine ended up leaking pretty badly, so I had to repour it, which meant I had to get a 2nd can.

·
Registered
799 Posts
One can didn't go that far for me. I could had have used another 1/2 cup or so. My mounts are not that full. Two of them are down about a 1/4 of an inch. I might just let it go since I hate to pay another $50.
Sorry to hear that. I wouldn't really suggest leaving it short as that will be where it starts wrecking the urethane right away.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Would you just buy more and fill it in?
When I had to add on mine from the leak, I scuffed the face of the urethane with some 120 sandpaper just to ensure it had a good base to bite on then I poured more to finish it off.

·
3rd Gen Plebeian
1997 Plymouth Grand Voyager Rallye
1,247 Posts
Apparently, you can just throw sand into the polyurethane as a filler.
Font Screenshot Number Rectangle Circle

Also, @Long_Voyager94 , make sure you're using the 4th gen transmission mount if you have the extra bolt hole for it. Dimensionally they're identical, but the 4th gen mount has a 4th bolt attaching it to the transmission and more rubber in the bushing.

3rd gen
Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wheel Tread

4th gen
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Vehicle brake

·
Registered
799 Posts
Apparently, you can just throw sand into the polyurethane as a filler.

Also, @Long_Voyager94 , make sure you're using the 4th gen transmission mount if you have the extra bolt hole for it. Dimensionally they're identical, but the 4th gen mount has a 4th bolt attaching it to the transmission and more rubber in the bushing.

3rd gen
View attachment 66883

4th gen View attachment 66884
Interesting note on "filling" the poly.

These mounts were for my 2018.

My 94 has the old style mounts that only work with 2nd gens
Wood Headgear Red Font Personal protective equipment

The small one on the bottom left is the transmission.

Reactions: 97K15004WD

·
Registered
25 Posts
Well, I will order some more poly. I don't want to have to screw with it again. Thanks!

21 - 36 of 36 Posts