The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OMG!!! whats going on with my car!!?? please shed light! no check engine light on, no MAF sensor in it, revs high and then jerks when trying to shift to 2nd or 3rd! this is an automatic

·
20 year old enthusiast
10,108 Posts
Might be but, doesn't "Limp Mode" prevent any shifts except P,R,D? I think this might need a bit more detail in the description.
If you're in limp mode, you'll be stuck in 2nd gear. So basically all you'll have is reverse and 2nd gear, this is just to prevent further damage to the transmission.

·
3rd gen > all others
2,242 Posts
Idle air control solenoid stuck open, or throttle plate open a tad? What engine, a 3.3/3.8, a 3.0 V6, or the 4 cylinder?

·
Registered
483 Posts
If you're in limp mode, you'll be stuck in 2nd gear. So basically all you'll have is reverse and 2nd gear, this is just to prevent further damage to the transmission.
I've seen it work ways. 2nd only, and reluctant shift to 3rd (then usually back to 2nd).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
more info

took it to shop...they told the hubby whole tranny needs to be replaced. he was told possible broken under drive, bad fluid, and no 3rd gear...this is V6 btw

1 - 7 of 7 Posts