The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 T&C Limited 108K. Recently noticed that about 5 - 7 minutes after the car has been turned off. From the passenger side, behind the glovebox, there is a noise that sounds like the blend doors for the HVAC system cycling open and closed. I'm trying to figure out what the noise is, as I believe it happens quite a bit while the car is off and is killing the battery after a week of sitting.

A couple other notes.
  • The HVAC system is stuck in panel mode.
  • The dual temp control works well.
  • I have gotten under the drivers side and watched the blend doors for the temp control move.
  • I have even removed the mode door actuator and tried to get it to move, and it will not. I assume it is dead.
  • I have tried to reset the hvac system with the power button - defrost button reset. The lights flash, the doors move and then it says everything is ok.
Anyone out there have a van with the same symptoms that you were able to fix?

·
Registered
340 Posts
I have a 2003 T&C Limited 108K. Recently noticed that about 5 - 7 minutes after the car has been turned off. From the passenger side, behind the glovebox, there is a noise that sounds like the blend doors for the HVAC system cycling open and closed. I'm trying to figure out what the noise is, as I believe it happens quite a bit while the car is off and is killing the battery after a week of sitting.

A couple other notes.
  • The HVAC system is stuck in panel mode.
  • The dual temp control works well.
  • I have gotten under the drivers side and watched the blend doors for the temp control move.
  • I have even removed the mode door actuator and tried to get it to move, and it will not. I assume it is dead.
  • I have tried to reset the hvac system with the power button - defrost button reset. The lights flash, the doors move and then it says everything is ok.
Anyone out there have a van with the same symptoms that you were able to fix?
My 03 town and country does the same thing with the blend doors but doesn't kill the battery. if you think ya have a draw killing the battery take a battery terminal wire off and put a light between the battery and the wire. if it lights and stays lit start pulling one fuse at a time along with all the relays one at a time till you find the one that makes the light go out.

Hope this helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts