The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a 2011 T&C

So, I wanted to upgrade the front brakes to the 330mm after reading on here about it and our rotors were warped badly after only about 55K. I got the following parts:

Reman calipers from Rockauto
Slotted rotors and brake pads from BrakePerformance.com (terrible rotors, make tons of noise and vibrate badly and squeek like crazy)

I guess I didn't realize that I needed to get the new backing plates, so the guy I had put them on cut them and modified the originals. I haven't had time to look at them yet. Keep in mind this has been months ago or even a year. Now there's a really bad noise my wife tells me. So I check it out and it's the drivers CV joint. I check further and the brake line has rubbed a hole in the boot. Wow, that could've rubbed a hole through the brake line.

As I was looking I noticed the sensor wires for the ABS are kind of tight, should they be swapped or something modified also?

Should I have gotten new brake lines for the calipers also? The passengers side isn't rubbing at all, but they both looked kind of tight when at full lock?

What sucks is I'm sure the CV is bad so I'll probably need a new shaft and brake line at the very least and we have the lifetime warranty, but I'm sure they won't cover that. UGH!

Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Needless to say I will have to get new rotors at some point and HIGHLY recommend not getting them from Brakeperformance.com

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow, they have lifetime rotors? Guess that's where I'll get them. I just got tired of the things warping on everything these days. I did get a set of Bair Decelerators at Autozone for my old F150 that were slotted and cross drilled and they were the best. Had them on for 70k and still going when I sold it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LEVY

Our O'Reilly doesn't have lifetime. They just have 2/24000 rotors.

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
15,159 Posts
LEVY

Our O'Reilly doesn't have lifetime. They just have 2/24000 rotors.
Let me call my sales person. Little over three years ago, I bought some front rotors with three year warranty. Few days before the three years, I went to O'reilly to get an exchange, my sales person asked if I wanted to get some with lifetime warranty instead, I just had to pay the difference in price and got lifetime.

Unless they discontinued the lifetime, they should still have it.

Let you know tomorrow.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.