The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed all new brake calipers / rebuild rear brakes on my van, Because they were leaking and it got to the point where my resovour was completely empty, and pulled air into the system. My best guess for the problem right now would maybe be that my ABS module has air in it, and looking at the haynes manual, It's saying I need a specific tool to bleed the ABS module.

Was wondering if anyone here has any advice, Because I need the van to be able to move into my dorm thursday, and I'd like to take it with me, But with my brakes being as they are (a little squishy, i can slow down in time in town but, going highway speeds, pedal to the floor, my brake light comes on the dashboard, and it's like I'm only (normally) deperssing the pedal halfway.

I appriciate any answers, Thank y'all for the help.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you bleed the air out of your brakes after your brake change? You should also bleed the brake fluid and get it changed over if you were that low. Likely needs new fluid anyway if it's been more than a few years.
Yeah, I found the issue. Air was in the ABS module, But it's because a plastic fitting on the ABS module was broken, so when I step on the brakes, it squirts a stream of fluid out, onto the exhaust. (Circled in picture)

If anyone knows where i can find this part without buying a new pump, Or if I should just remove the ABS entierly and hook the lines directly to the master cylinder. Greatly appriciated
Gas Machine Nut Auto part Automotive wheel system

1 - 3 of 3 Posts