The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this van wrecked. The passenger right side had a black fender on it which they put on to replace the damaged one. I painted it to match and am trying to figure out what to call this plastic headlight frame piece so I can get a replacement. It looks to bolt behind the fender bolt and above the headlight and then clip at the radiator. You can see where they tried to patch it with resin in two spots and a metal bar. :(

IMG_5288.JPG IMG_5289.JPG IMG_5290.JPG

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I saw that part this afternoon, but it said it was OEM and that it was steel.the part(s) I need are plastic.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
I am not familiar with part needed, but the picture looks like top two holes are made of plastic, bolted to the bottom U piece made of steel. Of course they won't sell what you need separately.

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
9,605 Posts
I saw that part this afternoon, but it said it was OEM and that it was steel.the part(s) I need are plastic.
Look closely, that part is plastic, one piece, it bolts to both fenders. I'm familiar with this part.

The pictured part is what you need, description may be wrong. It say upper part, maybe now they sell just the upper part as aftermarket part, boltable to the original, call and ask.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Look closely, that part is plastic, one piece, it bolts to both fenders. I'm familiar with this part.

The pictured part is what you need, description may be wrong. It say upper part, maybe now they sell just the upper part as aftermarket part, boltable to the original, call and ask.
Great! Thanks for confirming. Is it a PITA to change out?

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
9,605 Posts
Great! Thanks for confirming. Is it a PITA to change out?
Yes, it could be.

If fenders are not properly aligned after the accident, it might not fit properly.

You need to remove:

Grill, facia, both headlights and few more items I believe .

You may also need to adjust fenders.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts