The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So over a year ago i started to change valve cover gaskets, first ones i got were wrong type and i bought new which transporting took forever and later i didnt had time to continue working with that. Now i started again, put new gaskets and putting all other stuff back in their places again but problem is that i dont remember many things anymore and silly me didnt marked also what is what so there's few questions about it.
its 1999. 3.8. DSC_044bv9.jpg DSC_0450.JPG DSC_0451.JPG

where goes blue plug and what are these 2 pipes? i havent found place for them
Where goes that ground cable?
That blue cable?
More questions maybe coming soon.

3rd gen > all others
Picture #1 - EGR valve/transducer assembly goes here. The lines hook up to vacuum hoses on the valve/transducer, and the plug goes into the transducer (basically an electrical vacuum switch).

Picture #2 - Goes to a bolt on the rear of the intake plenum. There are a few of these to ground the engine to the chassis since the engine is rubber mounted. Never hurts to add a few.

Picture #3 - Plug for the windshield wiper motor. Once you reinstall the wiper tray, it'll be obvious. :)

Years ago I was going to replace the valve cover gaskets on my 2000, but they were so expensive! I got older valve covers from the junkyard and the older style gaskets for $30, since the new style gasket set was around $90 at the time. BY the time I finally replaced the covers/gaskets, the price of the new gasket set had come down to $20. :rolleyes::ROFLMAO:馃槀

Loveably weird
I replaced the front valve cover on my 3.8L '99 GV just so I could get rid of that stupid plastic oil filler! I have the good old fashioned metal type on there now!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm bit confused yet about vacuum lines, can someone show where they have to go? DSC_0471.JPG
As you see I broke one line, it was so fragile so I have to replace it, I hope it's possible to get new one.
And about EGR valve/assembly, its rusty, should I think about replacing it?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts