The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My headlights won't go on intermittently. the parking lights come on but not the headlights. Sometimes if I turn the switch on and off a few times they will come on. sometimes that doesn't work so i have to turn the van off and back on. now that doesn't even work. We are planning a trip next week and I need to get this fixed

Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
At one time my headlights were flashing alternately and could not get them to shut off. I drove to the dealer and the service guy laughed and said it looked like a police van. He unhooked the battery for a few minutes and the problem never came back, that was 160,000 miles ago.

·
Vendor
1,105 Posts
Sounds like the headlight switch is bad.
I don't think they are too expensive or hard to replace.

·
Registered
142 Posts

·
Registered
6,629 Posts
Note that since my last post in the thread, dated, 12/7/08, I still have not had one hint of a problem.
I am wondering if this is a problem characteristic of 2005 edition or it belongs to the whole generation :ask_wsign Is the headlight switch the same for all 2001-2007?

·
Registered
142 Posts
I am wondering if this is a problem characteristic of 2005 edition or it belongs to the whole generation :ask_wsign Is the headlight switch the same for all 2001-2007?
I am not a Mopar parts person, but after looking at Rock Auto's product offering, it seems to be in the range of 2004-2007.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts