The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
2005 Caravan/ Town & Country
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to install double din units with the screen it will cover ac vents 90 %
any idea on moving the vents.

I have to redo the bezel - I i could just leave it and kill the unit because i like cold in summer hot in the winter lol
have desire to at least remove center vent and cut the other two and block center or reroute it behind the bezel

this not the unit but will give you an idea on cover of the ac vents
Automotive design Plant Audio equipment Home appliance Gadget

· Registered
1,554 Posts
step 1: don't buy that type of unit

buy the type that fits the screen horizontally, like the one crapavan has in this thread:

here's an example

· Registered
1,443 Posts
As noted, buy the radio that will fit.

I replaced the stock radio with a double din touch screen radio. The vents can't be modified by any means.

What features are you looking for, that you have to have the radio you're trying to install?

· Registered
2,842 Posts
You get whatever head unit you want. You could try cutting a block of black foam and putting it in the middle vent to block that one off and direct the air out the left and right. The left and right will either be left as is or you'll need something custom.

· Registered
2005 Caravan/ Town & Country
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my have technical requirements that i need this particular unit for my IT business
As noted, buy the radio that will fit.

I replaced the stock radio with a double din touch screen radio. The vents can't be modified by any means.

What features are you looking for, that you have to have the radio you're trying to install?
That unit is too small I need to able run 3 apps on the screen at one time in portrait mode for diagnostic of servers and pro equipment.

This unit is hardware keyed to software

i will write the process for altering the vents the manufacture says not necessary i feel they will be too close to not hurt the unit.

I appreciate everyone’s opinion..

· Registered
2,842 Posts
Do you have 3d printing available to you? You could make something to direct the air out from the back of the unit.

· fix it if you can
5,758 Posts
FYI: if you have ATC HVAC, the IR sensor between the two vents is what the control module uses to regulate cabin temp (so if you delete it, you'll likely regret it)
If you have manual controls, delete away...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts