The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is the audio amplifier on my 2005 Town & Country?

Factory stereo not working, through I can turn it on and hear hiss from speakers, and volume knob makes hiss louder and quieter.

Bought aftermarket stereo and wiring harness. Plugged it in. No sound. Not even hiss.

Now, if I start with the factory stereo connected, and while the key is still on, remove the factory stereo and connect the aftermarket stereo, perfect sound. This says that the factory unit is able to communicate to turn on the amp, perhaps on the J1850 pin which my aftermarket stereo doesn't have.

I have seen posts that suggest that I do some wiring on the NBS relay. But my van does not have one. The slot is empty.

I have seen posts that suggest that I should bypass the amplifier. I'm totally cool with doing this but I can't find the darned thing. I can't find consistent information about where it is. I followed one post about how it is near the right rear speaker. I took some panels off and didn't find anything. Maybe I didn't go deep enough?

Does anyone have advice where I can find the amp? Or how I can force the amp to turn on even if I don't have a NBS relay?

·
Voted most useless member
1,890 Posts
Now I am no expert in 4th gen but lets try spme trounbleshooting.

1. Plug in your old deck, and see if it works, If it does, then your wire harnes has the wrong wires going to where its suppose to go.

Can you VERIFY what System you have? And van for sure? Thanks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts