The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brand new 2016 SXT now in my name, tentatively named The Big Bug. My third Caravan in 20 years, after leaving my Chevy Astro in a ditch somewhere in the early 2000s. I love this thing already and plan to never have my kids in it, they can run behind when I drive them to school.
I have some questions about how to baby this lady, stuff like where get the right seat/cargo liners, roof rack options, chip tuning, cabin upgrades and etc, if this not the right place, I'd appreciate some pointers.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Welcome! Nice looking wheels (same as mine) though our van is a blue GT. :cool:

For the cargo liner if you want to cover the whole floor when the seats are stowed (if you have stow n go) you can't go wrong with the factory part "Mopar 82210752 Cargo Area Liner" if you can find it - I added some VersaTex mats to go underneath, one 30x48" and one smaller (can't recall the size) to go underneath so the dogs don't get their paws dug in to into the factory cover where the seat latches are.

Enjoy your ride!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome! Nice looking wheels (same as mine) though our van is a blue GT. :cool:

For the cargo liner if you want to cover the whole floor when the seats are stowed (if you have stow n go) you can't go wrong with the factory part "Mopar 82210752 Cargo Area Liner" if you can find it - I added some VersaTex mats to go underneath, one 30x48" and one smaller (can't recall the size) to go underneath so the dogs don't get their paws dug in to into the factory cover where the seat latches are.

Enjoy your ride!
Thanks for that! I like that the liner folds up and can be stowed, I'll definitely look for one.

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
5,356 Posts
I wouldn't call it Big Bug unless it were a Routan. :p

For PCM tuning, you have only 1 option: HP Tuners. I have a nice tune you could transfer over if you get the hardware.

For feature tweaks, you have 2 options: AlfaOBD and DiagFCA. AlfaOBD is the cheaper option, allowing you to buy it once and use it on as many cars as you like. DiagFCA is a per-VIN license.

Join us on the 5th gen forums to get more input. 5th Generation Chrysler Minivans: 2008-2020

Reactions: R3v $teve

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wouldn't call it Big Bug unless it were a Routan. :p

For PCM tuning, you have only 1 option: HP Tuners. I have a nice tune you could transfer over if you get the hardware.

For feature tweaks, you have 2 options: AlfaOBD and DiagFCA. AlfaOBD is the cheaper option, allowing you to buy it once and use it on as many cars as you like. DiagFCA is a per-VIN license.

Join us on the 5th gen forums to get more input. 5th Generation Chrysler Minivans: 2008-2020
Great advice, much appreciated! I'll look into those directly. I already really like the pickup on this thing, I want to see what it can really do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts