The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
2012 Dodge Grand Caravan Crew
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! My name is Royce and I live in South Florida. I've been lurking here for a few months and decided it was time to step out of the shadows. I purchased my van in November 2021 from a dealer in South Florida. I was actually looking for an SUV but wasn't opposed to getting a van. I had setup alerts from multiple car buying sites and got one at 5am one morning for a 2012 CPO Dodge Grand Caravan Crew with only 22,500 miles. The price was $13,500. Given the current state of the used car market, I thought there was a pricing error. So, I printed out the ad, contacted the dealer immediately through their website and was able to secure the van for purchase later that same day. It hadn't even been through inspection yet and I wasn't able to test drive it. I noticed the tires were showing signs of dry rot so this van must have been sitting for a while. Turns out it was owned by an older gentleman who didn't drive it much. I put down a $100 deposit so nobody could steal this vehicle before I could.

It spent a week at Dodge to repair two recall issues, new pads and rotors, new tires, new wipers and all fluids drained and replaced.

When I finally was able to drive it and negotiate the price for the van, as well as my trade, things got interesting. It turns out, many lenders won't provide a loan on a 10 year old vehicle. And the ones that do will have high interest rates. After going back and forth for an hour, I was able to make a deal. I owed about $4,000 on my 2013 Altima (I'm not one of those idiotic, crazy driving Altima drivers) and was able to get $8,000 for it, which was only $3,000 less than I paid for it back in 2015. One of my banks, gave me the best finance option if I was able to put $5,000 down, which I did since I had roughly that much in trade equity alone.

Regarding the advertised price, they would have been obligated to sell it even if the price was wrong since I had printed a copy of the ad on the dealer website. However, it was not. I drove home in what was essentially a "like new" 10 year old van. Aside from some front and rear bumper scrapes (touched up with the wrong shade of white) the van was in pristine condition.

So far I've only tinted the windows and swapped out the factory whip antenna for a stubby one. The power front driver window regulator failed a few months back and was easily fixed for about $70. Now I have to replace the blend door actuator for the rear HVAC system since it's blowing hot air. The front system is working fine though.

Anyway, that's my introduction. I apologize for the amount of rambling. 馃槅

Wheel Tire Car Automotive parking light Vehicle

Registered
Looks good and great buying price..

Besides basic wear / tear replacements, what Mods are you planning? re:
  • Front and rear HD brake upgrades?
  • Perhaps center console blue LED light install?
  • D-Rings on its rear hatch?
  • Perhaps rear suspension upgrade (if hauling / towing things)?
  • front low beam LED light install?
  • Perhaps Class III trailer hitch (for towing and bike carrier)?
  • Perhaps Oil Assembly upgrade (from plastic to aluminum)?

If wondering, I did above upgrades to my 2017 DGC SXT and they worked great.

Again... Good loving van...

Registered
2012 Dodge Grand Caravan Crew
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Thanks. The van came with the HD brakes. I forgot to mention in my introduction that I have already installed LED bulbs for low, high and fog. Extremely bright and had to adjust them a couple times as other drivers were flashing their high beams at me. The brand and model of the bulbs is Sealight X2 Xenower. As for the blue console LED, I have the super console, which already has it in the cup holders. Theres also LED lighting in the doors, both overhead consoles along with the halo lighting. It looks cool and if I do decide to add something else, I'll definitely check out the one you have.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts