The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I have been watching and reading alot of the posts here for help on my 1998 chrysler town and country 3.3l lx. kinda been wanting to do more with it but not sure what direction or route to take and what i can do with it as far as mods and such. Id love some suggestions and comments on what the community thinks.

·
3rd gen > all others
4,325 Posts
Depends on how you use it, and what region you live in. I live in the northern midwest, so we get snow and the roads are rarely smooth. I got an AWD because my driveway is sloped, so I decided to go for a more truck-like look and lift it a couple inches with Pacifica struts, strut spacers and rear leaf helper springs. Put on some all terrain tires on some 15" Ford Explorer wheels. I have much more planned, but need time to do it.
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

In the background is my old 2000 T&C Limited. I have swapped the front suspension and brakes to 4th gen parts (2001) for better braking. That also requires swapping to the 4th gen wheels to clear the front brake calipers that stick out farther from the hub face. I also abandoned the transmission fluid cooler in the radiator since it wouldn't stop leaking, removed the small auxilliary cooler and installed an early 4th gen stand alone transmission fluid cooler at the bottom of the bumper cover, behind it.
Automotive parking light Car Tire Vehicle Automotive tire

It keeps the fluid cool enough that I can still touch the cooler after driving and not burn my hand. It also prevents any cross contamination of antifreeze with transmission fluid. I also added a rear sway bar from a Grand Caravan Sport, using all the factory brackets to the frame and clamping it to the axle beam with 3" exhaust pipe clamps.

Hope that gives you a few ideas!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts