The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, my name is John Newman and I live in Northeast Florida. We (the wife and I) recently purchased a 2006 Town and Country Limited. So far, we are very happy with the van. We are not new to vans/minivans as we have owned a 77 full sized van, a 3.0 87 Plymouth Voyager, a 94 Mercury Villager and now, the T&C. I have been lurking here for a couple of months and have enjoyed reading the posts. I am sure I will have many questions in the future and am looking forward to participation in this forum. I was a member of the Yahoo Villager group and that is probably one of the best out there; however, the Yahoo Chrysler van group is virtually worthless (my opinion). Again, looking forward to being a member of this forum.

John

·
Super Moderator
25,852 Posts
:hi2: and welcome to the Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forum.

Here's some tips that may be helpful:

Haynes Manual:
- inexpensive, about $30.00
- gives replacement / repair procedures
- gives maintenance schedules
- gives torque specifications
- gives fault codes
- gives information on regular maintenance
- gives information on tires
- gives information on body work
The manual is a worthwhile investment.

Library Information (ARRC):
Another good source of information can be accessed as follows:
- Go to http://www.oplin.org/databases/proxy2/proxy.php?doCardCheck=1&txtCardNumber=123456789
- Go to the following Library from the drop down list and submit it.
Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County
- Go to ALL EBSCOhost Databases and click on it.
- Go down to Auto Repair Reference Center (ARRC) and click on it.
- Submit your YEAR and take it from there.
Note: If info isn't there for your year / model, try another year or similar model.

Signature:
Including your vehicle model, year, engine size and odometer reading, with your signature, will help tremendously with getting good feedback (less guesswork).

·
1000 Post Club Member
1,985 Posts
How was the Villager? Being really a Nissan Quest,I'm curious how the Japanese engineering really performed over the long haul.That and the cachet of owning a van with the name of an Edsel (the 58-60 Edsel Villager wagon).
(other owners who may not even realize that AMC Pacers,Ford Rangers,and Chevy Citations were also named after the aborted 1958 Edsel Pacer,1958-1960 Edsel Ranger,and 1958 Edsel Citation).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My thanks to all for the welcome aboard. I'm 73 years old and still do just about all the maintenance on my vehicles and have learned a lot in most of the forums I have been associated with. What I have seen in this forum makes me think I have found a winner.

I have the Haynes manual already and will check out the other info provided. As for the Mercury Villager, it was the best overall vehicle I have ever owned, fewest problems and best utility...had near 200k and still ran great, used no oil and everything on the van still worked and it looked good too. The Chrysler place where I traded it had it up on the platform on front of the used lot with $2950 on the windshield...doubt they got it? The Yahoo Villager/Quest group is an excellent source of information. I feel sure this forum will prove just as useful.

Thanks again for the warm welcome,
John

·
Registered
650 Posts
Welcome to the forum John!!

We had a '97 Villager before we bought the Grand Caravan. Love the Villager as well, but the Grand Caravan is a great van in its own right.

·
AMC Nut stuck in a Dodge
1,224 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from the Great White North:canadaf:

Enjoy your stay with us here, were the best a forum can offer about these vans:thumb:

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
Welcome to the Forum :hi2:

Update your Signature with your van description and mileage, for future posts. Let us know your questions. Most of us have already encountered the problems you'll encounter at the various mileposts. Feel free to check the threads before posting a question and maybe add your experiences to them, as well. :biggrin:

OR if it's something you didn't find discussed, Post a question and we'll all pitch in to help. :thumb:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Welcome onboard, lots of good ideas and knowledge here.

·
youtube.com/sideburns2009
2,926 Posts
Welcome! :cool: I'd love to own a refreshed 4th gen such as yours. They look so nice.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts