The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2016 Town & Country LX
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.
I recently purchased a 2016 Town and Country LX with 32k miles.
It sat for a year prior to me taking ownership of it. I Needed to put a new battery into it, and I did an oil change.
Mostly I have been cleaning it. Previous owner transported 3 large dogs in it and the amount of dog hair I have had to clean out has been unbelievable.
To illustrate -
Automotive tire Grey Road surface Asphalt Floor

I appreciate and the collected knowledge here on the forum as a valuable resource and look forward to using it.

· Registered
366 Posts
Welcome...

Yes. Our vans are great for hauling people and dogs (and lots of other weather protected stuff). Hopefully, you got a good buying price (due to large amount of dog hair clean up).

· Registered
2016 Town & Country LX
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hopefully, you got a good buying price (due to large amount of dog hair clean up).
You probably wouldn't believe the deal I got on the van :cool:
You probably already are aware, but if not - these pet hair removal tools work really well and are fairly inexpensive -
Thanks! I ended up using a tool very similar to the Lilly Brush that I purchased from Advance Auto.
AutoCraft Pet Hair Remover, Red ABS, 6" x 2.75", Soft & Reusable Silicone, Clean Edges without Scratching, 1 Pack
Rectangle Wood Tints and shades Carmine Font

It worked exceptionally well. In retrospect one of the things I think the AutoCraft tool had over the Lilly brush is the long thin "nose" section. This was invaluable in getting into nooks and crannies , under mouldings etc..
I worked on cleaning the dog hair out of it off and on for about three days and in the end got ... i don't want to say all of it, but I did get the lion's share out.
After that I had it professionally detailed and it's good as new now.

· Registered
2016 Town & Country LX
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know detailers will charge substantially more due to pet hair
Rightly so!
This was my first experience with having to clean up excessive pet hair and it was surprising how difficult it was. Without one of the specialty scraper tools it would have been near impossible.
The little bit I didn't get out the detailer got out. It's a night and day difference. Between the carpet shampoo and general detailing and the cabin air filter I replaced, it's like a new car

1 - 9 of 9 Posts