1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
fix it if you can
4,810 Posts
no, but they don't look very different than the Mopar nylon inset bushings.. (I've had a pair on the '05 for over 20Kmi and the Mopar's are still good) the blue moog's I've tried on a '98 didn't last even 10Kmi.. (but maybe the brackets on that van are deformed..)

·
Super Moderator
22,233 Posts
http://www.moogproblemsolver.com/_pdf_en1/MPS-212004_MOOG-ENG.pdf

Has anyone had a chance to try out the bushings listed in this Bullitin from Moog?
Hank
My experience with the Mopar insert bushing is that they click after a while. I didn't have them on long before replacing them. Others have complained about the Mopars clicking early as well.

The new MOOG for the 2001 -2007 K200601 insert looks to be split (two pieces). That might help. The extra width may help keep the bushing from twisting sideways. I wonder if the slit is stll down (MOOG) versus back (Mopar). Looks like the new MOOG's slit is to the back. Worth a try, I guess. About time an effective soultion to this problem was engineered. Hopefully the new MOOG is it.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Where would one find these new parts? Google only results in the PDF link given.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They may be too new to be available yet.
Hank

·
Registered
646 Posts
My 2 cents on the Mopar bushings with the nylon sleeves: After a couple of bushing changes, two years ago I installed a set of these new-style Mopar units at 106K miles. After a while (10K?) they started clicking and creaking a bit. BUT they got quiet again. Now at 152K they are still quiet. Don't ask me to explain this, just reporting!

Bill

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mine seem to start to make rattle noises in cold weather, then quiet down when it warms up.
Hank

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
My originals lasted till about 85,000 miles, yes they were noisey when cold, but not too bad. I then installed the Mopar with the sleeve which only lasted less than 20,000 miles, they are noisey all the time. I want to hold out till these new Moog's are available, it does seem that they are too new to find even at their authorized dealers.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Had mine done 2 years ago with end links and tie rod outers..

got a pal in the parts business, gonna ask if they are available..keep you posted..Mine drive me nuts with the Squeek/groan like Ken and BArbie doing it in a vinyl pool!!

·
Registered
123 Posts
I posted this in another thread but will do so here again.

I called Summit Racing today - 1-800-517-1035. The new Moog part for my 2002 is K200601. It wasn't yet in Summits system but they contacted Moog directly and was able to special order the kit for me. These new bushings are double the price of the Blue Moogs at 19.95 and then of course there was $5.00 for shipping. Maybe the local parts guys can get them for less? Anyway, since they are a special order at this point, I was told it'd be about ten days out before I'd see them, so we'll see.

If you call Summit Racing ask for Summit part # "MOG-K200601", it's the kit for the 2001-2007 application, they can at least get it coming your way.

Now what to do with the Blue Moogs I bought but haven't had a chance to install?

·
fix it if you can
4,810 Posts
Now what to do with the Blue Moogs I bought but haven't had a chance to install?
Keep 'em for now, and please post a pic of the old next to new design - will be interesting to see how much Moog really changed the bushings (and if they had any success with that change).

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
What are all the parts stores going to do with the hundreds of old style bushings still in stock? I guess many unsuspecting "first timers" will buy them on price alone.

·
Super Moderator
22,233 Posts
What are all the parts stores going to do with the hundreds of old style bushings still in stock? I guess many unsuspecting "first timers" will buy them on price alone.
I wonder if one could use the new inserts with the existing blue MOOGs Problem Solvers. Likely not. The Mopar nylon insert bushings are their old style rubber (versus polyurethane) bushing with the insert added. Makes for a difficult installation of the bolt due to the added thickness. Likely does a number on the bracket as well.

As for the new MOOGs, the Mechanics will likely throw the inserts away, considering them as packaging, so there could be a few around. Yes, it's surprising what Mechanics don't know about the changes Manufacturers make or the products a particular vehicle Manufacturer may specify. Ever have a Mechanic question your use of ATF+4 in your power steering - "that's transmission fluid, not power steering fluid"?

MOOG will likely package their product in a box with the installation instructions included :thumb:, unlike the Mopar bushings that come in plastic wrap with no instructions.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I called O'Reilly Auto Parts down the street. They told me that they don't stock the Moog K200601, but could get it for me. The price is $12.77 plug $5.00 freight. It will take about 7 to 10 days before it gets in. With Tax it comes to $19.31. If you have an O'Reilly, you might try and have them order this bushing for you.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Slap them in and seee how long they last..
Then report back..shouldn't be more than a few months from now, eh??
AS soon as I can get the new ones in Canada, I'll get them too, without special order..mine squeek, but lube kills that for a while.....

·
fix it if you can
4,810 Posts
What are all the parts stores going to do with the hundreds of old style bushings still in stock?
Shop managers/mechanics will buy them.. (it's going to be a while before all the service center software updates the part#, and then there's the business aspect of it - more work..)

·
Registered
31 Posts
I put them on my 2003 Caravan and they did not hold up. wore out quickly and let the sway bar flop around.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I put them on my 2003 Caravan and they did not hold up. wore out quickly and let the sway bar flop around.
Did you put on the new style Moog K200601 bushings? They aren't even available over the counter yet. When did you install them and how long did they last?

·
Registered
206 Posts
I called O'Reilly Auto Parts down the street. They told me that they don't stock the Moog K200601, but could get it for me. The price is $12.77 plug $5.00 freight. It will take about 7 to 10 days before it gets in. With Tax it comes to $19.31. If you have an O'Reilly, you might try and have them order this bushing for you.
I installed these last week. I installed sway bar bushing about 2 months ago, but wanted to try these new one. I was very surprised to find that they are identical to the old Moog. I was expecting an inner bushing or wider area contact, but no, absolutely no difference (even the color was the same) to the ones that were in there. I suppose the material could have been different, but for all intensive purposes, they were the same. Do they feel any different? Not really.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
They probably dont have the new ones available yet so they sent you the old sytle bushings
Hank

1 - 20 of 78 Posts