The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up an 07 with a tick over 100k with the 3.3. My last, an 03, died an early death at the hands of my newly driving daughter, and the previous, an 01, almost made 300k (298k before it spun a bearing). Anyway, this one has 2 issues: roof rack seems to be missing the inner portion of the screw tensioner to keep the drivers side held down, and the passenger side door appears to have been closed with something in the door up near the top. it has a very slight outward bulge, and it closes VERY harshly. As for the roofrack, that seems to be an easy fix should i be able to find the piece needed. The door, however, I believe MAY need the upper piece which holds the guide from the door to the channel, but not so sure about the harsh close. it slides fine, but it slams real hard. Also, the power door lock doesnt work, which may or may not be related. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!!

Rick

·
Registered
80 Posts
welcome to the board. I can probably help with the power door lock. I assume you're talking about the passenger side sliding door? if so, the door lock atuators are known to go bad in the 4th Gen vans. you can do a forum search for 'power door' or 'actuator'. I recently bought a '06 T&C with about 148k miles and both door actuators were out. I bought mine on Amazon, search 'Dorman 746-259'. the actuator is the same part number for both sides. the box comes with an extra actuator arm, which is reversed and is used on one side, I think the driver side.

I had a local shop do the installation but ther job is fairly simple if you're handy and/or have a Chilton or Haynes repair manual. good luck.

·
fix it if you can
4,810 Posts
Welcome aboard,
Check that the slider that 'slams' still has the rubber bumpers on it and is not hitting anything.. (you may need to re-adjust it, but it's also possible due to a prior collision damage, this is the best adjustment a body shop was able to get..)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts