The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Our rear dvd player quit working so I ordered a new ribbon cable and installed it like it said in the video. Removing the battery cable etc. When I put everything back together and started the van, the van went crazy. Windshield wipers were going all the warning lights on the dash were on. radio, ac, windows, and doors did not work, as well as the tac and odometer. A message came up on the screen that said "NO BUS".

I checked the cable connections at the battery terminal and made sure they were clean and tight. I took the battery out and had it checked. It was strong.

Where should I go from here?

Registered
Cable could be pinched somewhere causing a short. I would look closely at that Cable, cause the no bus issue only came about once you changed that cable.

Super Moderator
Welcome to the site joelajohnson.

You may have a bad cable, one with shorted terminals. Try unplugging the cable at its vehicle side as a test.

Registered
"NO BUS" message comes on if the CAN-IHS signal is shorted (CAN-IHS Low or CAN-IHS High to ground or CAN-IHS LOW or CAN-IHS High to 12v or between CAN-IHS Low/CAN-IHS High)

Registered
First thing, start with basics. Check all fuses. If one component on a can bus system looses power/ground, it will affect other components down the line.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts