The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Routan - SEL - 4.0L , 2013 Town & Country - Touring - 3.6L
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Full disclosure, this is for a 2009 VW Routan but it is pretty much a 2009 Chrysler Minivan. :)

I have tried to play a CD on the VES DVD player that is below the HVAC controls but there is pretty much no sound coming from it. If I turn the volume on the radio all the way up, I can faintly hear the music.

I bought a replacement DVD player and I still have the same symptoms. So either the replacement one has the same problem or I have bigger problems.

I am also on a replacement REN head unit because the original one started to get flaky and never read discs. However, this replacement that had a 60 day warranty stopped reading discs on day 70. So I really want to get something working.

First, should I be able to play a CD in the VES DVD player and hear it over the car's speakers or is it strictly for the VES headphones?

Second, what else could be wrong in the chain between the VES DVD player and the REN Head Unit? Is there some sort of VES signal box somewhere or is it just wiring?

·
Registered
2008 Chrysler Grand Voyager Limited
288 Posts
I’m wondering if it is in the VES setup to only output audio to the headphones. I seem to recall someone having a similar issue a few months back and that was the issue for them

1 - 2 of 2 Posts