The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Routan 4.0L , 2013 T&C 3.6L
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Full disclosure, this is for a 2009 VW Routan but it is pretty much a 2009 Chrysler Minivan. :)

I have tried to play a CD on the VES DVD player that is below the HVAC controls but there is pretty much no sound coming from it. If I turn the volume on the radio all the way up, I can faintly hear the music.

I bought a replacement DVD player and I still have the same symptoms. So either the replacement one has the same problem or I have bigger problems.

I am also on a replacement REN head unit because the original one started to get flaky and never read discs. However, this replacement that had a 60 day warranty stopped reading discs on day 70. So I really want to get something working.

First, should I be able to play a CD in the VES DVD player and hear it over the car's speakers or is it strictly for the VES headphones?

Second, what else could be wrong in the chain between the VES DVD player and the REN Head Unit? Is there some sort of VES signal box somewhere or is it just wiring?

·
Registered
2008 Chrysler Grand Voyager Limited
299 Posts
I’m wondering if it is in the VES setup to only output audio to the headphones. I seem to recall someone having a similar issue a few months back and that was the issue for them

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just to check, are you saying that I should be able to press the headphone button on the VES DVD player and have audio or are you saying that it isn't possible because it is a limitation in the system?

I pressed the slashed-through headphone button and it didn't change anything.

·
Registered
2008 Chrysler Grand Voyager Limited
299 Posts
this link might have a clue for you
It’s not the same problem but seems to be along a similar line.
Sorry I can’t offer any specific advise as I don’t have the same setup as you. Hopefully what I’ve linked in will give you something to work with.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know that the ribbon cable on the 2nd row Screen has some sort of damage because it has the common black screen and the 3rd row screen is split.

Could the ribbon being damaged have any effect on this?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts