The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After sitting for 3 days my '97 Dodge Grand Caravan SE, 3.3 l. engine, won't start. For months it has occasionally cut out while driving, but has restarted easily. In recent weeks the engine has been running rough. The battery is new and the starter turns the engine vigorously. In one of my attempts to start it the engine ran roughly for 3 seconds, indicating a marginal condition. The fuel line re-pressurizes with each attempt to start, squirting fuel out of the valve when it is pressed, indicating that the fuel pump is working. It was replaced 4 years ago. I think the problem must be electrical, in the ignition system. How should I proceed to fix it? I need to move it before street-sweeping on Friday morning.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I read, in a post-thread for a similar problem, that re-soldering the connector pins on the circuit board of the gauge cluster could repair a no-start problem, as well as the windshield wipers spontaneously actuating, which is another problem that I have. I've dealt with that by turning the wipers on, then off. I've now removed my gauge cluster circuit board and I'm going to re-solder it. I re-soldered one of them a year ago to repair a problem which had caused an error message and prevented smog-testing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts