The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What I have here is a 2008 town & country 4.0 liter with a 62te trans.. the shifter indicator does not show what gear it's in and will not engage the starter...thought I'd test it by grabbing a solinoid pack from another trans with all other solinoids and a range switch to see if would show a gear range...but no such luck...still have to check if any of them have to be grounded...I going to check the wiring between the trans and module for an open circuit...what I'm not sure of does the range switch in the trans control shifter indicator or is it controlled by the shifter in the dash...to bad the van is stuck out in some snow

·
Super Moderator
22,612 Posts
What I have here is a 2008 town & country 4.0 liter with a 62te trans.. the shifter indicator does not show what gear it's in and will not engage the starter...thought I'd test it by grabbing a solinoid pack from another trans with all other solinoids and a range switch to see if would show a gear range...but no such luck...still have to check if any of them have to be grounded...I going to check the wiring between the trans and module for an open circuit...what I'm not sure of does the range switch in the trans control shifter indicator or is it controlled by the shifter in the dash...to bad the van is stuck out in some snow
Welcome to the Forum.

Solenoid pack is internal on the 62TE I believe. Doesn't sound like much fun in the snow.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did get it repaired...it was the range switch in the trans....the shifter was stuck and could nut get the key out...there is a small access hole at the shifter to get it to release by sticking a screw driver down.. I get it to start by attaching another solinoid pack and other solinoids and range switch externally on to the trans connection...had to run a ground wire to the range switch for it to work..got it to start and got over to the shop...👍👍...had 12 volts at the trans connection for the 4 range switch wires...pulled the front cover off...replaced the range switch...cleared the codes...shifter indicator came back to life...van started up..👍👍🍺

1 - 4 of 4 Posts