The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if this has been posted before......Do you suffer from a squaking noise everytime you go over a large bump in your Gen 4 DGC, DC, or CTC? Have I got the fix for you. I have found that after inspecting the rear end that the lower rear spring bushings were completely worn(for some reason the others were still in good shape). I figured if I put another set in that it will last another 8 years and by that time the van will be a rambling wreck anyway. It is pretty simple to fix albeit a little time consuming. If you have a port a power it will make things go faster.

1. Raise vehicle and support with jackstands but not on the axle.
2. Loosen the top shock bolt(19mm).
3. take tension off the spring
4. Loosen the nuts on the top spring bushing pin and lower spring bushing pin so you can pivot them.
5. loosen shackle from rear of van it's five bolts(15 mm).
6. Use port a power(I had to improvise) to make leaf go just low enough to have clearance to remove the pins from the bushing.
7. remove old worn bushing and install.

Installation is reverse of removal. Make sure you torque the bolts with the vehicle on the ground. torque specs for nuts on the bushing pins is 45 lbs ft and 45 lbs ft for the shackle that attaches to the van. The part number for the bushings is 4743040-AA. I could not find any Moog or anything like that so Mopar is the only game in town. If you buy them you will probably find them cheaper on Ebay. If you do this Please be safe.

Disclaimer*****I assume no liability should damages or injuries occur*****

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Thanks, good info.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts