The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
07 T&C.
Passenger side power door will not open with the remote, console, or B pillar switches. It closes perfectly with any of them.

When fully closed and locked, pressing the remote or console switch results in the door unlocking and that's it, no attempt to unlatch. Pressing the B pillar switch does nothing at all.

Manually, it opens and closes normally, no excess effort. The drivers door works perfectly.

I have put in a new lock actuator to replace one that jammed completely. This new problem started then. Does the actuator have any circuitry that sends an unlocked signal to allow the latch to unlatch? I've checked all the connectors, no corrosion on any pins found.
I haven't been able to find a wiring diagram for the door anywhere, or even a chart of what happens during the door open sequence.

What do you think? I've read all the threads on power doors here, but it doesn't seem like anyone has had this same issue.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
07 T&C.
Passenger side power door will not open with the remote, console, or B pillar switches. It closes perfectly with any of them.

When fully closed and locked, pressing the remote or console switch results in the door unlocking and that's it, no attempt to unlatch. Pressing the B pillar switch does nothing at all.

Manually, it opens and closes normally, no excess effort. The drivers door works perfectly.

I have put in a new lock actuator to replace one that jammed completely. This new problem started then. Does the actuator have any circuitry that sends an unlocked signal to allow the latch to unlatch? I've checked all the connectors, no corrosion on any pins found.
I haven't been able to find a wiring diagram for the door anywhere, or even a chart of what happens during the door open sequence.

What do you think? I've read all the threads on power doors here, but it doesn't seem like anyone has had this same issue.
The separate wire for open is probably broken under the door.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Agree with above. The wire harness has a break in it. Check amzobay for one. I just replaced mine and the first issue was open but not close under power and then just did all kinds of crazy ways.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone for your replies, I found and fixed the problem today.

The door lock actuator has a switch inside that lets the door module know if the lock is engaged or not. On mine, that switch (really just a bent piece of copper) was not making contact when the actuator moved to the unlocked position. Since the door module thought the door was still locked, it would never start the unlatch process.

I took the lock actuator apart. Once the three screws are removed, it just splits along the seam, but do not allow the motor and gear to fall out, there's a spring under the gear that is a pain to reinstall. Set the motor half aside, you won't need it. The other half has the lock arm, and in the corner is a small white cover over the copper colored spring.
IMG_0459.jpg
Pry the cover off and you will see how it works: when the arm moves, it forces the spring to contact a post that sends a ground to the door module.
IMG_0458.jpg
I just took needle nose pliers and bent the spring a little until it consistently made contact when it should.
IMG_0456.jpg
Check it with a meter after reassembly, since mine flexed a little when I tightened the screws down and that was enough to cause it to need another small adjustment.

You can test for this problem without removing the lock actuator from the door. With the actuator installed, the top pin is pin 4 and the next lower one is pin 3. You should have continuity between pins 3 and 4 when the door is unlocked, and open when it is locked.

You can also jumper between pins 3 and 4 of the female side of the connector if you want to send the "unlocked" signal to your door module. Be certain your door really is unlocked before you do this, since the door will try to open if you press the button.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts