The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two ODB readers and neither can communicate with my 2006 Grand Caravan. They will power up. They will communicate in other vehicles. They both attempt to try a list of communication protocols but fail. I can retrieve DTC via the ignition method (cycle key 3 times)

·
Registered
231 Posts
I have two ODB readers and neither can communicate with my 2006 Grand Caravan. They will power up. They will communicate in other vehicles. They both attempt to try a list of communication protocols but fail. I can retrieve DTC via the ignition method (cycle key 3 times)

View attachment 59404

View attachment 59403
Check the cigarette lighter fuze

Mike S Grand caravan 3.3

·
Registered
2006 Dodge Caravan SX
728 Posts
Our vans need OBD-2 readers. The very old OBD readers will not work.

If those are OBD-2, try this, turn the key forward without starting the engine. Then plug in the OBD-2 readers to pull codes.

If your readers will work in other vehicles, then the van's ECM/PCM module could be going bad.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
These are ODB2 scanners as pictured. Since they are powered, likely not a fuse; fuses all look good upon inspection. As stated from the start, these scanners work in my other car. I tried a third ODB2 scanner and it also won't talk. I towed this van to my Chrysler tech's home shop and his scan tool works! He'll troubleshoot further. Next time, I'll be more intentional about the ignition position, but I swear I tried in all positions. I can try this again when I get the van back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts