The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ID hardware?
Nothing to ID the car as a T&C or Chrysler except for that one cap on the hatch. All the other T&C's we've seen have Town & Country on the back or sides as well as Chrysler on the front grill. We know it's definitely a T&C because of the title and manual that came with it. And our mechanics that have done all the work over the past few years confirmed it as well. Not really concerned about it, just curious to see if anyone else has owned or heard of one like this.

·
Registered
678 Posts
if it's been repainted, usually it's done very cheaply and badges/names aren't applied again

you can buy them on ebay if you'd like, i was going to have the "Grand Voyager LX" symbols put on mine

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
if it's been repainted, usually it's done very cheaply and badges/names aren't applied again

you can buy them on ebay if you'd like, i was going to have the "Grand Voyager LX" symbols put on mine
Thanks but there's no evidence of missing hardware. It's been suggested that I try a search on Carfax. Worth a shot.

·
Super Moderator
22,600 Posts
Welcome to the Forum.

It's just glued on stuff, no holes required. Your rear hatch has been replaced or repaired. A brand new hatch would have no markings, likely only primer paint.

·
Super Moderator
22,600 Posts

·
3rd gen > all others
2,410 Posts
No Chrysler wings on the front interior door panels? No outline of the Chrysler wings in the center of the grille? Steering wheel center identification? Seat headrests or backrests? Maybe it's a base model that didn't get most of the interior logos?

·
Super Moderator
22,600 Posts
The vehicle isn't "odd", just partly naked. :)

·
Registered
81 Posts
My '93 PGV has only the pentastar hood ornament, hatch, stereo head unit, and steering wheel airbag. It also says Plymouth Voyager on the glove compartment door. But mine has been repainted because of paint failure, not accident.

If there are no badges on the outside, I would add my vote for "It's been repainted", though that wouldn't explain the grille. I took my grille badge off.

·
Super Moderator
22,600 Posts
Maybe the vehicle was previously owned by a fellow named LEVY, who likes to drive incognito down through Mexico, avoiding the Cartels. :)

·
Super Moderator
1,855 Posts
Maybe the vehicle was previously owned by a fellow named LEVY, who likes to drive incognito down through Mexico, avoiding the Cartels. :)
Yes, it could be a case of Debadging (but not likely).

1 - 19 of 19 Posts