The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Monday I had an oil change at the local Chrysler dealership. This morning I looked in the driveway and saw oil in the driveway, near the front driver side. Looked under hood and saw some oil by the oil filter housing and a whole lot more dripping from the engine block on the driver side.
What causes this? I’m going back to the dealer tomorrow. I’ll be taking the Chrysler Maximum Lifetime Warranty with me.
The 2014 has only had $1200 in warranty repairs in the past six years. Because I owned two other Chrysler minivans from new I learned the wisdom of buying the Chrysler extended warranty.
To paraphrase a term from the investment world...”past performance IS an indication of future results”.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the information. It looks like an expensive fix without a warranty. The dealership I have used since the van was new has created expensive problems. Won’t be giving them high grades on the next survey from FCA.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Thanks for the information. It looks like an expensive fix without a warranty. The dealership I have used since the van was new has created expensive problems. Won’t be giving them high grades on the next survey from FCA.
Go talk to them. They should fix this for free.

If they give you grief go to corporate. If they've done the last couple oil changes then they are obviously at fault.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All service and maintenance at this dealership since new. Six years. They also overtorqued the wheel lugs on previous visit which resulted in $400 worth of repair. Reimbursed.
I’m looking for another dealer for future work. Chrysler sends out a customer survey after each visit. This won’t be a good one.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Look at Jeep, Dodge, Chrysler, Ram and even ProMaster group websites. All 3.6 with same engine. Some 76% repeat.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Went to dealer. It’s the oil filter housing. Only replaced as a unit $900. Covered by Lifetime Maximum Warranty. You can see some oil if you look at the oil filter housing. More oil on the driveway on the drivers side.

·
Registered
2014 Town & Country
148 Posts
It’s a fairly straight forward replacement.

There are great videos on YouTube that take you through it step by step.

First the upper intake, then lower intake, the the oil filter housing assembly.

I replaced mine a few months ago.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts