The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

Oil light

2K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  fredril12 
#1 ·
I have a 2005 T&C and the oil light has started to come on. The oil light comes on first time the car is started, but most times will go out if the car is restarted. There's plenty of oil. I did replace the oil pressure sensor about 3 years ago. So Is my oil pressure sensor bad again or oil pump this time?

#2 ·
I have a 2005 T&C and the oil light has started to come on. The oil light comes on first time the car is started, but most times will go out if the car is restarted. There's plenty of oil. I did replace the oil pressure sensor about 3 years ago. So Is my oil pressure sensor bad again or oil pump this time?
Have the pressure checked. Probably the sensor. Check for warranty

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

#6 ·
have you ever had the o-ring on the oil pickup replaced? usually the light is always just the sensor

if your bearings were that worn, you'd probably notice a lot more things than just the light

#11 ·
It's not a matter of oil leaking... it's a matter of air being pulled in with or instead of the oil and causing the hydraulic valve lash adjusters to be compressible instead of non-compressible... which, in turn, causes increased valve noise. If it got bad enough, I suppose it could show up as low oil pressure as well but I've not ever seen it that bad.

#12 ·
I replaced the OE oil pressure sensor on the 2007 GC with one made by Standard Motor Products. That outlasted its 12 month warranty by one month. Replaced it with a Mopar which lasted much longer and is still working today.

So, it's more than likely that your 3 year old sensor is defective..

Reactions: Special Edy
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.