The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We bought our 2015 Grand Caravan in April of 2015 and have loved having the car. It is exactly what we wanted and have loved driving it. In May it started to click at us from the dashboard and we decided to keep an eye on it. Now it has escalated to clicking, not letting the shifter out of park, and when we try to take the keyFOB out, it is locked in. The only way we can get it out is to wait until it decided to release it. We have had it seen 5 times at two different dealerships and they are all stumped. They have replaced the shifter assembly, checked all the wiring, and inspected everything many times. They have seen it happen but they do have a hard time with recreating the problem. We have noticed that it tends to happen when it is hotter outside and think it may be heating related. We would love to get this fixed but it has been a nightmare and an emotional rollercoaster. We are afraid it will stop doing this as it gets cooler and never get fixed till next year. Has anyone had experience with this or have any suggestions. We take it in one last time Monday to get it fixed and then on to replacement. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
We bought our 2015 Grand Caravan in April of 2015 and have loved having the car. It is exactly what we wanted and have loved driving it. In May it started to click at us from the dashboard and we decided to keep an eye on it. Now it has escalated to clicking, not letting the shifter out of park, and when we try to take the keyFOB out, it is locked in. The only way we can get it out is to wait until it decided to release it. We have had it seen 5 times at two different dealerships and they are all stumped. They have replaced the shifter assembly, checked all the wiring, and inspected everything many times. They have seen it happen but they do have a hard time with recreating the problem. We have noticed that it tends to happen when it is hotter outside and think it may be heating related. We would love to get this fixed but it has been a nightmare and an emotional rollercoaster. We are afraid it will stop doing this as it gets cooler and never get fixed till next year. Has anyone had experience with this or have any suggestions. We take it in one last time Monday to get it fixed and then on to replacement. Thanks!

Did you try to use that shift lock release thing on the dash?

There is a posting for a 2010. Maybe yours has a similar issue.
http://forum.chryslerminivan.net/showthread.php/25518-2010-won-t-shift-out-of-park

·
Registered
29 Posts
2013 dodge dart is doing that also we just move the shifter from park to neutral and it releases it.. Dealer here as well don't know what it is! but if we find out anything i'll post it!

·
Super Moderator
4,773 Posts
Welcome to the site and sorry to hear you are having so much trouble with a vehicle you otherwise love.

I would suggest you drop "Chrysler Cares" a PM.
She has helped many of our members including me get additional help from our dealers.

Her member page:
http://forum.chryslerminivan.net/member.php/22842-ChryslerCares

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input. I have PM'd "Chrysler Cares". While the Shift Lock Release would probably help us get moving again, we still need to get this corrected and fixed. Thanks for the suggestion though and next time we get stuck somewhere, we'll have to use that release. That will at least be a short term solution. We aren't able to shift from park at all to release the key either but maybe the release will work. I'll post any updates and resolutions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts