The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2008 Grand Caravan 3.3L - Only one of the license plate bulbs works…I replaced both bulbs, the same one side works while the other side still doesn’t, anyone know what this problem is or how to fix it ?

·
Administrator
2009 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT (3.8); 2003 Dodge Grand Caravan eL (3.8)
2,477 Posts
2008 Grand Caravan 3.3L - Only one of the license plate bulbs works…I replaced both bulbs, the same one side works while the other side still doesn’t, anyone know what this problem is or how to fix it ?
The contacts in the socket a probably corroded and/or have lost their tension. I was able to clean and tweak the contacts on my 2009 to get the light working, if it is really bad you may need to replace the socket.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The contacts in the socket a probably corroded and/or have lost their tension. I was able to clean and tweak the contacts on my 2009 to get the light working, if it is really bad you may need to replace the socket.
Yeah I just tried brushing on the inside of the socket with a wire brush and that’s all it took, it works now. Surprised it was that easy, thanks.

·
Administrator
2009 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT (3.8); 2003 Dodge Grand Caravan eL (3.8)
2,477 Posts
Yeah I just tried brushing on the inside of the socket with a wire brush and that’s all it took, it works now. Surprised it was that easy, thanks.
You're welcome.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts