The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Browsing FB Marketplace last week randomly I found a set of nice Gloss Black Wheels with new Pirelli Tires. Not a fan of Pirelli but new tires is new tires. Jumped on the deal and had them installed as soon as I got home. The end result is a terrific look. What's left to do is black out the chrome and tint the front windows.
I am not much of a Black wheel kind of person but this actually does look neat.
As always the photos never quite look as good as in person.

Suspension is all stock.
Wheels are 18x7.5 with 44mm offset. Weight is 13kg or about 27lbs.

What do you think, do you like them?

Wheel Automotive tire Hubcap Alloy wheel Bicycle part

Automotive parking light Wheel Automotive side marker light Tire Car

Wheel Tire Car Automotive side marker light Vehicle

Tire Wheel Automotive side marker light Car Vehicle

Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Wheel Tire Car

·
Super Moderator
30,185 Posts
They look sharp. I have been thinking of getting black rims. They look pretty expensive on Amazon but can get some ideas there. Did they include spacers for the axle stub?

Now you can switch over to semi-metallic pads and enjoy longer rotor life and better heavy duty braking. :)

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They look sharp. I have been thinking of getting black rims. They look pretty expensive on Amazon but can get some ideas there. Did they include spacers for the axle stub?

Now you can switch over to semi-metallic pads and enjoy longer rotor life and better heavy duty braking. :)
Literally why I chose these was becasue they have the same hub 71.6mm and offset worked out that I didnt have to use spacers of any kind. OEM fitment. I know the Pacifica ones do not fit due to 50mm offset and spoke thickness that touches the brakes.
As for pads, I am using the Raybestos Element 3 which I think maybe metallic pads, they dont dust too much so I suspect they are a mix.

Only downside is the RunFlat tires seem to ride a little harder than before but that could be due to them being 18".

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
5,356 Posts
Offset isn't perfect, but it's close. To be a true stock fitment it would need a 40mm offset and not a 44. Some thin spacers could get you right. As is, it's throwing off your steering angles slightly.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Offset isn't perfect, but it's close. To be a true stock fitment it would need a 40mm offset and not a 44. Some thin spacers could get you right. As is, it's throwing off your steering angles slightly.
I have used spacers on systems where you use a bolt instead of a STUD/NUT and those have worked ok, however, I never liked using spacers on studs, as you have less and less engagement with the nut, now I know they make some weird nuts that have some extensions but I always prefer to keep the wheel/hub relationship the way it was designed. I did consider finding a 15mm longer studs, and punching mine out and reinstalling longer studs so I can use a 15mm spacer which will be hub centric to both wheels and hubs but that will only work in the front. Truth is no one makes small spacers for these vans so it will all have to be custom.

One other thing I was going to try and ask for help is the Tire Circumference. I found my ECM has a value of 2215mm for that and the new tire is around 2300mm however when I swapped the values it didn't like it, it threw a code and initiated a Traction Control light on the cluster.

Has anyone done anyadjustments? How far can we adjust, I am off about 1.5mi at 50mph. Want to bring that down so my 70mph is true, otherwiseI suspect it will be 3 or 4 mph off.

Also ordered a TPMS Scan Tool so I can get the values off the new sensors so I can program them into the car. As of now its not finding them. I need to ensure they are the correct frequency etc, and I will then try to manually enter them into the TPMS module. I think that should work. If not, I may be shopping for new sensors. The ones on the new wheels may be from a 2022 vehicle which may be different.

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
5,356 Posts
One other thing I was going to try and ask for help is the Tire Circumference. I found my ECM has a value of 2215mm for that and the new tire is around 2300mm however when I swapped the values it didn't like it, it threw a code and initiated a Traction Control light on the cluster.

Has anyone done anyadjustments? How far can we adjust, I am off about 1.5mi at 50mph. Want to bring that down so my 70mph is true, otherwiseI suspect it will be 3 or 4 mph off.
I'll check my settings in the morning. I set them to the maximum value that didn't cause that glitch.

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
5,356 Posts
Strange. I checked my settings and it was 2357mm. I have 245/65R17s.
Are you doing all the ABS resets too?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Strange. I checked my settings and it was 2357mm. I have 245/65R17s. Are you doing all the ABS resets too?
Can you give me more detail on that? I may be forgetting something. I simply went to tire circumference tab and put in my 2315 size, the original value was 2215, it saved it, it took the number but then the traction light showed up. and it had a code in the ABS module for implausible value.

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
5,356 Posts
I'd have to look the procedure up again. It's been about 2 years since I went up in size. I had found the instructions on a Ram forum.

I do remember you have to clear the Rolls data and do an ABS initialization. I'm not sure if there are more steps.

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
5,356 Posts
I think it puts the speedometer off slightly, but not enough to cause ABS/TC to freak out.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'd have to look the procedure up again. It's been about 2 years since I went up in size. I had found the instructions on a Ram forum.

I do remember you have to clear the Rolls data and do an ABS initialization. I'm not sure if there are more steps.
Hey do you recall if the TPMS sensors IDs need to be entered in two different locations?

I went to program my old sensors and found that the WIN module had values of FFFFFFFFF while the TPMS section had the correct values. So I put the values in both sections and the system calibrated without having to drive it. Even the PSI read. But this made me wonder if I did not program the Pacifica sensors correctly. I will try this again as soon as I swap in my winter wheels which have Pacifica sensors in them that do not read with my TPMS Programer.

Strange thing but if I scan the winter wheels with the TPMS gauge set to Town and Country they do not read, but if I scan them with Pacifica 17-21 they read. So they must be talking on a different language and thus maybe the T&C cant read them.

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
5,356 Posts
I've always used a dedicated sensor tool for that. No idea how it works in AlfaOBD.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Does alfaobd not give the option to disable the tpms for winter tires?
It does I am using FCADiag and can disable it but I want to have PSI values in my cluster, if it was a dumb system I’d disable it. I got 5 OEM sensors for 50$ so I will make it work, but wasn’t sure if the Pacifica sensors can be used on a T&C.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 Town and Country Limited Platinum
280 Posts
It does I am using FCADiag and can disable it but I want to have PSI values in my cluster, if it was a dumb system I’d disable it. I got 5 OEM sensors for 50$ so I will make it work, but wasn’t sure if the Pacifica sensors can be used on a T&C.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ya i loaded that and cant see where to disable it. Any good tutorial floating around for the apps? Ya i would keep it too if i had good oem sensors. The winter rims that came with my van have aftermarket sesors and i was told some no longer functioned.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ya i loaded that and cant see where to disable it. Any good tutorial floating around for the apps? Ya i would keep it too if i had good oem sensors. The winter rims that came with my van have aftermarket sesors and i was told some no longer functioned.
From memory, you go to Programing and one of the first line items you see is TPMS, it may be spelled out, tire pressure monitoring system, and in there you have to go to a tab that says TPMS (SET) and change that to (NOT SET), I think there are some videos on youtube.

Screenshot Font Rectangle Operating system Software

Or from this screen... go to the TPM module, then inside go to Actuators.
Personal computer Computer Rectangle Font Operating system

Should be the last tab on the right.
Rectangle Font Screenshot Software Operating system

1 - 20 of 20 Posts