The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 143 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The count down is on for 6PM eastern time.

2011 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT Plus in Silver. It has the SXT Plus, Climate and uConnect groups on it.

I have already ordered the WeatherTech floor liners, and they actually just arrived at the store this morning, so I'm running out at lunch to get those. I'm also seriously thinking about getting a "Premium console" to replace the standard one that our van will have. I'm also planning on putting in a high speed RHB or RHR mygig down the road with a lockpick and a front and rear camera. (as I have done with my Caliber with a low-speed RER mygig)

Pic from last week:
View attachment 3730

More to follow after we get it. :biggrin:

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
I thought the 2011 trimlines were Express, Mainstreet, Crew, and R/T. I'd be interested to know, when you pick it up, what the sticker says, because I thought 2010 was the last yeare for the "SXT" trim line.

·
Super Moderator
6,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought the 2011 trimlines were Express, Mainstreet, Crew, and R/T. I'd be interested to know, when you pick it up, what the sticker says, because I thought 2010 was the last yeare for the "SXT" trim line.
Canada has always been a little different. Its basically a Mainstreet package from what i can tell

We never got the new names for the Caravan. but yet the Caliber did...lol

The window sticker reads: Grand Caravan SXT Plus "Stow N Go"

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Just realized right after I posted that you are in Canada.

(and are you really laughing out loud?)

·
Super Moderator
6,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hopefully you're the new owner of a 2011 GC. It's 9PM Central and no report yet!
Sorry, I've been playing with it!

Will get some nice pics up tomorrow hopefully...the camera's batteries were dead tonight :(

·
Super Moderator
6,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Like a kid who just got a new toy, lol! Staying tuned!
Exactly! LOL

Pic taken from my phone below. Took a bunch with my brothers DSLR that I will post tomorrow.

I love exploring this van. As much as I've read the owners manual (pdf version) before we got it, and looked at countless pictures and reviews and articles, I still am finding cool things.

Example - the usb plug in the upper glove box is illuminated, and there are nice bright LED map pocket/puddle lights in the front doors.

·
MOPAR Parts & Service Pro
3,052 Posts
My favorite feature of the new vans is the engine. Man that 3.6 is just awesome behind that 6 speed...

·
Premium Member
4,203 Posts
My favorite feature of the new vans is the engine. Man that 3.6 is just awesome behind that 6 speed...
Agreed.
Mine is sneaky quick. It is amazing what the difference in acceleration is with the extra gears to lessen the RPM drop between gears. Up through 4th, it just zips. There are bigger drops going into 5th and 6th.

·
Super Moderator
6,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah its quite nice

Agreed.
Mine is sneaky quick. It is amazing what the difference in acceleration is with the extra gears to lessen the RPM drop between gears. Up through 4th, it just zips. There are bigger drops going into 5th and 6th.
for sure!

·
Registered
26 Posts
You should sell those pics to Chrysler! Better than anything on their site. :)

Notice you got uconnect - check out my post about the new uconnect fix on the main page. Trying to spress the word!

·
Super Moderator
6,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You should sell those pics to Chrysler! Better than anything on their site. :)

Notice you got uconnect - check out my post about the new uconnect fix on the main page. Trying to spress the word!
Thanks man!

I saw your thread...ours is actually a June 2011 build, so i don't think its eligible for it.

Except for the first day, the uconnect has been awesome with two phones paired to it. Even with both of them in the van at the same time. (one as phone #1 acting as the phone, and #2 streaming audio via BT) The fact that I can control the streaming audio from the radio or steering wheel, and that the song info comes across to the radio is very, very cool!

·
Registered
26 Posts
yeah, the pairing to my blackberry has been flawless, my wife's iPhone has been iffy, but mainly it's the connection through the glovebox on the iPhone and my iPod Touch. never works. but mine had a build date in March.

Also, i have no clue what "spress the word" means. I meant spread. Typed that up on my iPod - damn you autocorrect!

·
Super Moderator
6,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yeah, the pairing to my blackberry has been flawless, my wife's iPhone has been iffy, but mainly it's the connection through the glovebox on the iPhone and my iPod Touch. never works. but mine had a build date in March.

Also, i have no clue what "spress the word" means. I meant spread. Typed that up on my iPod - damn you autocorrect!
I still need to try and get my brother's ipod and plug it in and see what it does.

I figured you meant spread LOL!

1 - 20 of 143 Posts