The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

101 - 120 of 143 Posts

·
20 year old enthusiast
10,108 Posts
He only had the one listed that I purchased. There is another one on eBay that is not in the package but is new. Search that part number and you will see it.
Damn it. How did I not come across that one lol. I've looked and looked and they cost about $30 without shipping.You lucky dog

·
20 year old enthusiast
10,108 Posts
Look at eBay # 181311254617
$25.00 plus $4. but I'm not too sure about shipping to Canada.
Yea it's the shipping that's raping me in the ass...Too bad I can't get anyone to order it in the states and send it over here to me, it'll be way cheaper.

This is the shipping cost to Canada in case you didn't believe me.

·
Super Moderator
6,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
Thanks, did you have to use some needle nose pliers to get those washers off?
Here's a picture of our van that could use some of those new fancy black headlights, new nav radio ETC......

[IMG][/QUOTE]

Yeah I must have used something, they are on there pretty tight.

Looks great!! Congrats! :thumb:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Got my emblem off and one of the clips flew into space and I can't find it :( Now I'm on the hunt for those little 1/8" emblem clips and no one locally seems to have them.

I sure hope the new one goes on easier then the old one came off.

·
Super Moderator
6,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Got my emblem off and one of the clips flew into space and I can't find it :( Now I'm on the hunt for those little 1/8" emblem clips and no one locally seems to have them.

I sure hope the new one goes on easier then the old one came off.
Oh man!

You could always glue it on. I couldn't get the clips back on quite as tight as originally. I want to take the grille off and apply some good firm pressure to them, but want to do it in the warmer weather, and then forget to do it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Got the retainers today. Only needed 2 but got a box of 100. :eekkkk:
I'll play with it tomorrow, see if I can get the new emblem on without having to remove the whole front end of the van. :nut:

·
Super Moderator
6,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
Got the retainers today. Only needed 2 but got a box of 100. :eekkkk:
I'll play with it tomorrow, see if I can get the new emblem on without having to remove the whole front end of the van. :nut:
Ha ha! Well now you can lose 99 an still have 2 to use!

I'll probably be pulling the grille off the van in the spring to mount up a front camera, so I'll look at it some then. It's been fine since I installed it 2 years ago. It's been to Florida and back twice from Toronto with no problems.

I'd like to get a body colour grille for it actually. Not really noticeable on a silver van, but it's a subtle touch.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just unbolted the top of the grill and it was enough for me to get my hand behind the emblem, using a small deep well socket I pushed with all my might and the damn thing is still loose. I believe that if I would have gotten the next size up retainers they would have went on and fit perfect.
Or put a couple flat washers on first before the retainers and the small 1/8" might work perfect.
I'll got back there tomorrow and get the larger ones and see it I can get the emblem off in one piece and start again. I called the local dealer today and they want $55.80 for that emblem. :Wow1: If I **** this emblem up I can always go to the dealer and pay the $55. :ask_wsign

·
20 year old enthusiast
10,108 Posts

·
20 year old enthusiast
10,108 Posts
That looks much better!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Looks good man!

I saw a new Grand Caravan R/T tonight on the way to dinner - in the billet silver with the black headlights. Looked AMAZING.
I checked the price with a local dealer for those black headlights............$250.00 a piece..............I guess I'll have to live with the chrome ones :eekkkk:

·
Super Moderator
6,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
I checked the price with a local dealer for those black headlights............$250.00 a piece..............I guess I'll have to live with the chrome ones :eekkkk:
There are some aftermarket black lights on ebay for about that for both.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi! I'm curious what kind of resistors did you add....was it for each light or just for the map lights? I changed all of the interior lights to LEDs but I somehow get the "afterglow" when you turn off the ignition. I've been reading around and most of them were saying to add resistors....and each of them were giving different values so I don't know which would actually work. The only remedy for now is to keep one of the interior lights (I chose the tail gate light) "stock"/incandescent, that way I don't get any afterglow.

101 - 120 of 143 Posts