The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

181 - 199 of 199 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Greetings, I tried to disable "The Sliding Door Open Flash" according to the above on my 2006 TC Lx -- however at step 3 hit the hazard switch, but did not get the chime or posiitve result to step 4...?

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
Greetings, I tried to disable "The Sliding Door Open Flash" according to the above on my 2006 TC Lx -- however at step 3 hit the hazard switch, but did not get the chime or posiitve result to step 4...?
I don't have an answer but I am wondering why would you do this? :confused:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Why would I do this? Well...because...if I unlock the thing...then open a sliding door...the freaking hazard lights flash...and I don't operate that way see?

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
Why would I do this? Well...because...if I unlock the thing...then open a sliding door...the freaking hazard lights flash...and I don't operate that way see?
If you open the sliding door manually, it would not flash... at least that is how my van operates... I presume that you have power doors, right?

·
Registered
6 Posts
If you open the sliding door manually, it would not flash... at least that is how my van operates... I presume that you have power doors, right?
No. I do not have power doors. Thankfully, as they were much heavier in my 2001 Lxi.

Problem is fixed though, auto lock/unlock on passenger side sliding door was sticky not fully actuating, but after cleaning that up, parking lights are no longer doing annoying flashing. So above procedure worked, thanks blupupher!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Unfortunately, I followed the instructions and couldn't get the seatbelt chime off. I have a 2006. Any other suggestions as to why it would not work?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Thank you! I don't like the horn beep when locking, it worked perfect. Now I would like to unlock all doors with the click. Can that be done?

·
Registered
116 Posts
OK, I didn't understand the driver door first function first time I read it.

he Remote Unlock Driver's Door 1st feature can be enabled or disabled by performing the following procedure:

1. Press the UNLOCK button for 5 to 10 seconds.

2. While the UNLOCK button is pressed, (after 5 seconds) press the LOCK button. Release both buttons.

The "Remote Unlock Driver's Door 1st" feature can be reactivated by repeating the above mentioned procedure or by performing the procedure in the Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC), Customer Programmable Features section on vehicles so equipped.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Great Instructions .... turned off the seat belt nag and a couple of other things

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have both a 2000 Town & country and 1998 Grand Voyager and I can not get the procedure for the Auto locks to turn off to work on either of them. Is there a different procedure for these years? If there is, I can't find it anywhere.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
I have both a 2000 Town & country and 1998 Grand Voyager and I can not get the procedure for the Auto locks to turn off to work on either of them. Is there a different procedure for these years? If there is, I can't find it anywhere.
There may be a different procedure for these vans, since they're 3rd gen vehicles. The 4th gen started in 2001.

My vehicles:1995 Buick Century LTD, L4, 3 speed auto, 212k miles.

No longer owned: 2002 Chrysler Voyager eC, EDZ, 41TE, 250k miles when I signed it over

·
Registered
29 Posts
This worked perfectly on our 2005 Grand Caravan SXT, turned off the flashing lights when opening the sliders, turned on horn honk upon lock, and unlock all doors with 1 button push. Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks just helped me get the horn and lights to flash on lock/unlock!

·
Registered
11 Posts
thanks..our 04 T&C locks and unlocks with the keyfob all doors except drivers door. previous owner said she paid Dodge dealer $160 to make it like that? is that possible.. or maybe they unplugged a wire in the door?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Actuator

thanks..our 04 T&C locks and unlocks with the keyfob all doors except drivers door. previous owner said she paid Dodge dealer $160 to make it like that? is that possible.. or maybe they unplugged a wire in the door?
Sounds more like the door actuator is unplugged, as you said. Or it's just shot. I need to replace mine on the driver side. The key itself or the inside door handle are the only way to unlock it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I thought I saw on here one time how to recalibrate the HVAC system on a 2006 T&C, but haven't been able to find it. My temp control is all out of whack and the heat takes forever, 1 hour, to come on. Help is appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi! 2001 Grand Voyager at someone tried any function?
The 2001 Voyager/Grand Voyager should also use these procedures. Let us know if they don't work.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
I thought I saw on here one time how to recalibrate the HVAC system on a 2006 T&C, but haven't been able to find it. My temp control is all out of whack and the heat takes forever, 1 hour, to come on. Help is appreciated. Thanks.
Check this post: http://forum.chryslerminivan.net/showthread.php/23868-Quick-Fixes?p=1034354#post1034354

I suppose that your van is not low on coolant... it happened to me recently during this extreme freezing temperatures... I added coolant after discovering an almost empty bottle and the heating is back to normal. Check your coolant level in the radiator first.

181 - 199 of 199 Posts
About this Discussion
198 Replies
93 Participants
Miron
The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums
ChryslerMinivan.net is the best forum for Chrysler Town and Country owners to discuss mileage, price, problems, towing and more. Join now!
Full Forum Listing