The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

141 - 160 of 199 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
The modern cars become more and more sophisticated so people can not fix them by themselves! I recently rented a Toyota Corolla 2013 and when I opened the hood I could not see anything except for 3 yellow caps for oil, coolant and windshield cleaner, everything was completely covered!
They now cover most engines with a cover (plenum?) so that you (the consumer) are less likely to digg into something on your own.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
They now cover most engines with a cover (plenum?) so that you (the consumer) are less likely to digg into something on your own.
That's their hope anyway. My Kia had that stupid cover on it… I took it off and threw it away since it serves absolutely no function other than (although minuscule) add weight and a small amount of under-hood aesthetics.

My vehicle: 2002 Chrysler Voyager eC, EDZ, 41TE, 196k miles and still running strong.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Is there a way to turn ParkSense off in the '05 model years? I've looked everywhere and all I see how to turn it off for the new ones.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
2005 model years did not have ParkSense, they did however have a Rear Park Assist System. This system is used to help drivers determine if an obstacle is in the way of the vehicle while it is backing up in addition to the use of inside rearview and outside mirrors.

When the driver selects Reverse the system scans for objects behind the vehicle using four sensors located in the rear bumper. Objects can be detected from up to 71 inches (180 cm). A warning display above the rear window provides both visible and audible warnings indicating the range of the object.

The display contains two sets of yellow and red LEDs that the driver can see in the rear view mirror. Each side of the vehicle has its own warning LEDs. The system provides a visual warning by illuminating one or more yellow LEDs as the vehicle gets closer to the object. As the vehicle continues to approaches the object, one red LED is illuminated and the system emits a series of short beeps. The tone will remain constant and both red LEDs are illuminated once the vehicle is within 12 inches (30.5 cm) of the object.

The system can be turned on or off through the electronic vehicle information center (EVIC) when the vehicle is in PARK. If the rear park assist system is turned off, a single chime will sound and the EVIC will display the following message “REAR PARK ASSIST OFF”, when the vehicle is in reverse.

Hope this info is helpful!

·
Registered
18 Posts
2005 model years did not have ParkSense, they did however have a Rear Park Assist System. This system is used to help drivers determine if an obstacle is in the way of the vehicle while it is backing up in addition to the use of inside rearview and outside mirrors.

When the driver selects Reverse the system scans for objects behind the vehicle using four sensors located in the rear bumper. Objects can be detected from up to 71 inches (180 cm). A warning display above the rear window provides both visible and audible warnings indicating the range of the object.

The display contains two sets of yellow and red LEDs that the driver can see in the rear view mirror. Each side of the vehicle has its own warning LEDs. The system provides a visual warning by illuminating one or more yellow LEDs as the vehicle gets closer to the object. As the vehicle continues to approaches the object, one red LED is illuminated and the system emits a series of short beeps. The tone will remain constant and both red LEDs are illuminated once the vehicle is within 12 inches (30.5 cm) of the object.

The system can be turned on or off through the electronic vehicle information center (EVIC) when the vehicle is in PARK. If the rear park assist system is turned off, a single chime will sound and the EVIC will display the following message “REAR PARK ASSIST OFF”, when the vehicle is in reverse.

Hope this info is helpful!
My manual calls it ParkSense, so that was the name I was going by, and I do not have the EVIC. Is there another way I can turn it off?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
96 Posts
I activated horn ehen I press the lock button there is a small horn sound.

Yıu can find europe version key without panic button becauae of you need panic button for activating this option. ImageUploadedByAG Free1412235455.546883.jpg ImageUploadedByAG Free1412235493.888221.jpg ImageUploadedByAG Free1412235537.129577.jpg

Chrysler Grand Voyager 2005 2.8 CRD 150k km Limited

·
Registered
61 Posts
thanks for this. Just used it to change the lock drivers door first feature on my 2006gc. With it enabled, when you unlock it only flashes the driver side tail light, it only does both when you are unlocking both sides. And it annoyed me.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
It's possible. I don't know that much about the power liftgate system, but all vans will have the cables going to the hatch. Mine does not have the power liftgate option, but still has the power switch for opening the liftgate, the wiper system, and brake light.

My vehicle: 2002 Chrysler Voyager eC, EDZ, 41TE, 212k miles and still running strong.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I am sure i missed this but what is the EVIC? I do not have the door locks when going it does not lock. So i will try this soon have snow now. My van is a 2007 T and C almost plain jane unfortunatly has the dial climate control and has that temp and mpg overhead. So will the door lock thing work? thanks

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
EVIC: Electronic Vehicle Information Center. I do not know how it defers from other over head computer systems (I believe these vans have two different ones?).

My vehicles:
1995 Buick Century Limited, I4 2.2L, 3 speed auto, 172k miles on the dash.
2002 Chrysler Voyager eC, EDZ, 41TE, 214990 miles and at the mechanic.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
EVIC: Electronic Vehicle Information Center. I do not know how it defers from other over head computer systems (I believe these vans have two different ones?).
EVIC has the extended features like fuel economy readings, vehicle service interval, etc. and were standard in the high-line trim option models (optional for the low-line trims). The other units are the CMTC (Compass Mini-Trip Computer) and the CT (Compass Temperature Computer).

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
EVIC has the extended features like fuel economy readings, vehicle service interval, etc. and were standard in the high-line trim option models (optional for the low-line trims). The other units are the CMTC (Compass Mini-Trip Computer) and the CT (Compass Temperature Computer).
Thank you for clearing that up for me. I knew what it stood for, but my van does not have any over head displays (didn't even have map lights lol), so I was unclear as to what the functions were.

My vehicles:

·
Registered
256 Posts
Thanks for posting how to get the doors to lock when driving. Did this the other day. When we got it about a month ago was told it did not have power door locks when driving

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi Group, anyone know what year the backup assist (side view mirrors turn down) was introduced on Town and Country's? My 02 T&C limited does not appear to have this feature on my EVIC but my 02 Chrysler 300M does. One other thing that bothers me too is the tire pressure monitor system, my T&C just displays "low tire pressure" with no indication on what tire to check. But my 300M displays all four tires and the actual pressure! One would think Chrysler's flagship van would have the same similar options as their flagship sedan of the same year. any thoughts?

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Just a thought, but maybe the van is an early model, and the sedan is a late model? I do not know which year these features were brought into the vans, but I know there were some little changes made in the middle of the 2002 model year (like changes to the radio). It could also be a sub-model thing - since some sub models have features that others do not.

My vehicles:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Owner Programmable Features

The van production date is June 2002 and the 300M is February 2002 and both have the new 22-pin radio plug. Possibly Chrysler felt visibility was slightly better in the van so the tilt-down mirror option was not offered??
As far as the TPMS goes, anyone's guess. Possibly later 4th gen (up to 2007) T&C's had the individual tire pressure reading, is so, I'll be searching out a newer EVIC, unless it's a BCM/EVIC combination feature, then it's not worth the effort. stay tuned.

Just a thought, but maybe the van is an early model, and the sedan is a late model? I do not know which year these features were brought into the vans, but I know there were some little changes made in the middle of the 2002 model year (like changes to the radio). It could also be a sub-model thing - since some sub models have features that others do not.

My vehicles:

141 - 160 of 199 Posts
About this Discussion
198 Replies
93 Participants
Miron
The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums
ChryslerMinivan.net is the best forum for Chrysler Town and Country owners to discuss mileage, price, problems, towing and more. Join now!
Full Forum Listing